Estimates say that the average male will live to around the age of 76 and the average female will live to age 81. Do you think you will live longer?

The CDC tracks causes of mortality and related info. They have life expectancy figures. For you, how accurate do you feel they are?

• Yes, absolutely I will live longer
  • Hmm.. Probably about that long.
  • No, I don't think I'll make it until then.
  • Just show me the answer

Most Helpful Girl

• I have family members who died in their 100s...
    My grandfather is 95 years old. He smoked since he was 15 years old until he was 90... (Smokers, don't get any ideas from that. He was just probably lucky. Put down the cigarette at a certain age please).
    My granduncle is in his late 90s
    My grandaunt is in her early 90s
    My grandmother died when she was 94
    My other grandaunt died when she was 97
    I had a great grandmother who died when she was 102.
    I have no idea if it is just Caribbean genes or something else... I think we will live longer than that if we die of natural causes. Studies show we are living longer now.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• My grandpa is already past that age and he's a heavy smoker... lol I don't even know how he's still alive and my grandmother who didn't smoke is not...
    My other two grandparents are alive and well though, both past 75.
    How long Im going to be able to live is unpredictable because who knows what the future holds and who knows what our current food, environment (including pollution) is doing to our bodies. But because medicine and technology is improving i bet there will be things that will be keeping humans alive for longer than usual. Because well we already are living longer than usual.

• Maybe if I throw the cigs away

• If I don't become severely suicidal, absolutely! I'm pretty healthy and I don't intend on ever smoking, but I have to deal with depression so that is a problem. If I make is to 21 I'm much more confidant in my ability to live a long life.

• I don't think I will. I'm making some changes in diet, and etc. however I don't think it's going to happen for me, but I'm okay with that.

• My grandmother became 93 and my great grandmother died at 102 , so I could Imagine I have good genes.

• Well if we look at my family then probably not. All my grandparents died at 60 or younger

• Vote C

I doubt I will even make 40.

• My grandpa made it till 80, my grandma she's still here and she's not going to die anytime soon.

• hopefully i won't

What Guys Said 19

• Sounds about right. We have to put up with, and walk up the Himalayas with a 60kg weight on our back to appease, bloody women. So no wonder :P

• My Kharmic Life-Sentence is for much longer than 76 years. . .

• I hope not.

• I don't think it has biological reasons though. I would assume it has more to do with men taking on more dangerous jobs, activities, etc - thus men die younger more often which drags the average down.

Interesting thought. Here's what is said about the 10 leading causes of death:

'In 2014, the 10 leading causes of death—heart disease, cancer, chronic lower respiratory diseases, unintentional injuries, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, influenza and pneumonia, kidney disease, and suicide—remained the same as in 2013 (Figure 3). The 10 leading causes accounted for 73.8% of all deaths in the United States in 2014."

I wonder which of these would be influenced by the factors you mention.

• Go to college, don't smoke and don't be a fat f*ck and you're life expectancy will be a couple of years higher than the average.

• There seems to be longevity in my family so maybe I will

• Men in my family don't live past 75 haven't in 10 generations I'm told.

• Scientists say that the first person to live to 150 is already alive

• My great grandpa lived to be 100.
    All my other great grandparents lived to be at least 80.
    My grandparents are in 70s and still going strong.

I'm confident.

• I don't do hospitals due to the expense (it just postpones the inevitable anyway) so I'll be lucky to make it to 60.

• I've a mixed bowl of genetics. One side of my family frequently lived to be 90+, while another regularly croaks in their mid to late 70s. I've tried to improve my diet to compensate for potential bad genes.

• Well most elderly people in my family live 70-85 so i would say i have a good chance if i look after myself.

• I really dont think ima make it that long
    Just a terrible horrofying feeling i have
    Dont smoke, dont drink, try to eat healthy, will still probably end up getting cancer

• I vote A because life expectancy in my country is higher.

• I don't want to live that long, but I probably will.

• Yes, I do believe I will live longer than the average life expectancy. :)

• on average I will live longer, because I already survived those doing younger than me

• As long as I can keep from getting cancer I'll make it to 90s but it's a 50/50 shot