What Is The Best And Worst Thing About Being An Adult?

What Is The Best And Worst Thing About Being An Adult?Seriously I got nothing... good. But Bills may be the Worst thing about Adulthood.

Most Helpful Girl

• Best = freedom + independence + autonomy
    Worst = being a non conformist in an OCEAN of "adult" social norms & protocols

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm... my answer to this question may vary from day to day. I'm not sure I could say I'd have the same answer 2 months from now or even 2 days from now. I'd say at the moment that the best thing of being an adult is that you have the independent freedom to do whatever you want - travel alone to another state/country or doing some sort of activity with no need of parental approval. As for the worst thing? I would say having to pay bills or the fact that you have to deal with deluded adults that won't grow up/mature to their own age.

What Girls Said 12

• Bills are the devils a-hole of adulthood, but I think the best is just being able to essentially do what you want when you want to do it, especially if you're a single adult, no kids.

• Worst: Bills.

Best: You can eat all of the candy and junk food you want.

• Bills, for sure. My student loans can leave forever and never return.

• I like living my life on my terms. Making my own decisions. Choosing my own stuff.

• Bills are the worse of course. The best part would be being able do to what you want and making your own choices.

• Worst: Bills, bills, bills.

Best:
    I can order a drink at a bar/club/lounge/restaurant

I cannot think of anything else at this moment. Childhood was the best time of my life.

• Best = freedom
    Worst = responsibility

They're always at odds.

• Hahaha XD I'm totally with You :P the best is that Your legal to drink and stuff like that no one can tell You if You can buy this or that, anything else? Noope... it all sucks :/ ... I'm quitting this shit!

• Responsibility, and having to pay bills or for things that are necessary. Also working, and not having a life.

• The best thing - being able to choose your own friends & not needing permission from your parents to hang out with them.

The worst part - rent and bills. Mortgage and bills if you own a home.

• having to do taxes

• Wisdom
    Bills

What Guys Said 12

• Bills, Rent, Taxes, Transportation costs such as Gas, Insurance and Maintenance and Insurance costs for a privately ownef vehicle. Or even Mortgage when you buy your own. house. Then there's also marriage and children, should you decide to pursue that as part of your life's goal. Which means even more expenses and costs and even more risks.

And lastly, health insurance as well as retirement planning considerations, best to start saving as much as possible and as early as possible and plan accordingly.

• The best thing I guess is autonomy. Answering to other people is my number one thing I can't and won't accept, so I couldn't wait to free to do whatever I wanted.

The worst is working. I wake up every weekday just dreading life, and my job isn't even that bad, but if I had my druthers and could afford it, I wouldn't work anywhere.

*couldn't wait to be

Actually just read that quote, that sums me up perfectly. I never wanted to be not young, I never wanted to have a family or responsibilities, and this shit just isn't for me. Part of me wants to off myself, not in a depressed way or anything, but just a conscious decision to stop playing this game that I hate playing. I'm here as long as my parents and my cat are alive, but that's the only thing I feel like I need to be here for. Again, not saying I'm going to kill myself, but if I was dying, I wouldn't fight it.

• sorry your stuck being one.
    best thing the freedom of experiencing things around you with out all the per pressure of being a kid.
    worst : there is no one to blame but your self for the misstakes you make experiencing new things.( hopefully you lean quick so you dont make to many)

• I actually enjoyed being an adult - I didn't like being a teen or a young adult, I loved being a child and an adult just the in between was crap.

• pretending that some people acturally become adult while they're just grown up spiled children

to me being an adult means beating your head against reality until you shape a little bit of heaven for yourself outta it. not leaving your desires aside, not succumbing to peer pressure but basically being your own God

• worst: Responsibilities, puberty.
    Best:you can do the things which you were not allowed to do as a kid

• Best is you can do what ever you wan't and nobody will tell you what to do. You can waste your money where you want.

Worst you open your eyes and see that life is hard and not the way you though it's when you were little kid and one die you die alone and old.

• I am a 21 year old adult but I identify myself as a 5 year old kid. So mommy, piggyback me right now or I roll on the floor.

• To many responsibilities

• Best - freedom and living your life
    Worst - responsibilities

• I have no idea man, i have yet to experience it.

• sorry, but as a man you need to get over it.