=.= Why dose google translation suck so much?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want to have dates with me?
    Even for humans "dates" can mean different things in this context:
    the fruit
    2 people going on a date

But computers have even problems at easier problems:
    rose: My favorite flower is a rose./He quickly rose from his seat.
    crane: That bird is a crane./They had to use a crane to lift the object./She had to crane her neck to see the movie.

All of the different meanings can need different words in the other language.
    One of the worst language is Japanese, where names are spelled the same as phrases like "stairway to heaven". If you ever tried to translate Japanese with tools you are lost if you don't know the basics.

And I didn't even start with sentence structure. Languages with such a strict structure as English are rare.

Oh, and if you use indirect words like cock, they are lost too because they would normally use the animal because of children safe. And in some languages when using penis, they would translate it to their version of cock because penis is forbidden there.

Oh, and spelling mistakes give them problems too if you write for example "dose" instead of "does" ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Because Google is still working on it. I guess they don't have enough people to translate everything.

What Guys Said 25

• Translation is an art, and there are so many homonyms in Asian languages, even more than in European ones, almos as many as there are homos in New York City.

• Because all of the languages did not come about to be analogous to each other. Certain things have literally no meaning in one language wile having plenty of context in another.

I wish I knew about this before I said that crap lol

यह एक तरह से समझ पड़ता है, लेकिन अभी भी अजीब लगता है।

lol of course we have our swear words but we don't have anything that literally says "sex you". We have "ej dirst" which literally means go shit/go take a dump. :D
      @YourFutureEx

This translation was acceptable :)

• because it's a very complex thing. words have different meanings, often it depends on the context and the structure of a sentence and the grammar rules aren't the same in each language.

the closer two languages are the more accurate the result will be

I haven't used for any other languages so don't know how dat works but I just useded for Korean and it was so bad =.=
      I'm still dying of embarrassment :/

• it doesn't
    it translates words (not sentences) and for the most part it does a pretty good job
    the beauty of it is that its driven by community feedback. if you disagree with a translation, you can submit a correction

I was trying to translate a sentence and it completely switched the entire sentence around >.<

• Arabic to English works pretty well. English to Arabic is ass. Also use it when translating Spanish and it works pretty well.

Aleast it works one way for you 😛
      But for Korean it sucks
      So there's a visitor from Korea
      He's staying with my friend he's here for some business relateded shit anyways my friend left me with him to keep him company and will since he didn't knew English I thought I do just use google and translate for him..
      I was trying to ask him where do you live in Korea and what exactly are you here for and somehow all that came out as "why don't you come and suck on my cock" 😰😭 ,..
      Then he was just starring at laughing at me the whole time I didn't even knew why until my friend came and actually read the Korean translation 😭😭😭😭

Nah nah naughty is telling the truth
      😛

• I wouldn't know - I have to believe translations they give me, I don't know any better.

• It can't translate complex languages yet. I was dating a vietnamese woman and I tried to translate some stuff she posted on facebook in vietnamese and it was horrible at translating that.

I know whatchu mean it sucks at translating Korean as well and I found out about that the most embarrassing way =.=

I know my friend is still
      Laughing at me and I'm literally crying waa

Your friend shouldn't have stuck you with someone that can't speak English.

• #TeamBing :-D

• Because you are supposed to do your homeworks alone.

• Cause you already sucked all of dicks so nothing else left for them to suck 😂 LOL

• Words can be used in damn many combinations, and they have to be compatible to the most of them. But they can't be compatible to all, so in some cases, google translation sucks at that.

• It's pretty complicated for a machine to 100% translate entire languages.

• i know right !!!

• It's good for single words but in other languages just like English, many words have different meanings and grammatical structures. So the complexity is too difficult for Google translator to pick up on and the sentences come out weird.

• Does it mistranslate words?

• You can't program grammar into something and expect it to be good.

• Because it no knows how translate to

• Amateurs?

• I think it generalizes, and is not certain of correct translations. takes the easy route/slang

• It works if you know the basics of the language

• maybe it's a gay and thirsty?

• It's the best of machine translation actually.

What language were you translating into

• an A. I. the size of a sea monkey

• I agree, don't know why

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Because it's free google translate. No one will put all of their effort into shit you don't have to pay for.

• It really does suck. I have friends who speak a language other than English as their first language and they hate it too. Google translate makes things more literal which changes the meaning :(

• Because it's not good at translating any kind of slang you want.

• they made it with that intention

• Ikr? It's so bad.

• It needs update