I want to go for counselling but I am afraid my parents won't let me?

How do I deal with this.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been to counseling for 2.5yrs after my exgf passed away from cancer. Told only a few close friends but not my parents. Your reason for seeing a counselor is no one's but yours, not your parents or anyone else's for that matter. I think you should go to counseling until YOU feel it's okay with you to tell your parents that you are going.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do u really need their permission at your age? Counseling is very important and can save u from all kinds of peril, if u lied about your age start with your high school guidance counseler. Mine was an excellent help and spoke to my mom for me. Ultimately your parents should want whats best for u

What Guys Said 5

• How old are you?

I'm actually 23 but live with parents who are backwards.

I mean I can efinitely convince them however the problem lies in the fact that they're going to ask me why.

And I'm going to have to tell them about a recent experience in India that left me almost traumatized.

You're a grown woman. You don't have to have their permission or state any reason

• counselling for what? You should be able to decide it for yourself if you are really above 25.

• Why do you need parents permission? You're an adult.

• Just go.. you are a grown women.

• If you aren't lying about your age, you are an adult. You don't require your parent's permission for ANYTHING!

What Girls Said 1

• You are old enough to make that decision yourself. You dont need permission