Is fishing common in America?

For those who live around coastal areas or lakes is fishing pretty common? Are there still plenty of fish left? And for an example how many would you bring home on average each time you go out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Down south in like; Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, Florida, Alabama etc etc. Some upstate places as well.

Lol you forget your neighbors? Wisconsin and Minnesota have tons of lakes 😛

@akadatank44 bahaha if it ain't rough it ain't real😈
      Me no care jerk lol

Exactly 😈😈😉

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah fishing is really common in the US I fish during the fishing seasons with family and friends at the lakes.

And we have lakes and rivers that are really far off in nature where people don't go that are full of fish then we have lakes, ponds and rivers that are off limits to fishermen. And we have breeding farms for restocking lakes, rivers and ponds were fishermen go to.

And yes there is a limit to how much you can catch each day or week depending on where you live. But you can stay and fish as long as you want till they close.

What Girls Said 3

• My family and I go fishing all the time it's pretty common

• Im in south Florida and its very common where i live and work.

• Lmfao fishing is very common. Who wants to get stuck with one stinky fish for their whole life

Well yeah of course not

What Guys Said 6

• Yup I fish all the time. Yeah they have limits. But a lot of retards from the depression Era and before that and after it woukd take so many fish and wildlife out the numbers have been lower. it's started to come back but it will be awhile. It doesn't help that Natives are allowed to spear tho. a lot of them do it for sport and don't even eat the fish. Its sad.

• The populated areas of LA not so much. People do the day trips, deep sea fishing out of long beach and San Diego all the time.

Personally not a fan of fish. Shell fish on the other hand.

Do you know if people catch anything off those wharf?

actually yes lol weird scene actually. You're not catching big stuff usually. Some are better than others. The Oceanside one near Camp Pendelton lets you stay 24hrs. My buddy has caught some decent size fish.

It seems fucking boring to me. Deep see day trips are the best. WIth the price of Ahi Tuna and Yellow tail it pays give it a try.

Yeah the deep sea fishing is 100 times more better lol

• Its pretty common here. I very rarely keep anything, but I expect to catch 5-10 in a few hours.
    I am a fishing guide during the summer, where I work, a typical day is around 100 fish, 200-300 on a good day.

What kind of fish? Do you guide on boats?

Walleye mostly, some northern pike. We fish out of 16 foot boats.

• I'd say it's somewhat common. I go when I can.

• Yeah, very common to crayfishing

• probably