Have You Ever Watched The Movie Goodfellas (1990)?

I've Heard It's One Of The Best Movies Of The 1990s But Its One Of The Movies I Haven't Got To Watch Yet Do You Like It And What Are Your Favorite Scenes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I love the goodfellas. I love the whole movie in general, and will still watch it from time to time.

What Girls Said 9

• Hundreds of Times, @Red88xxx.
    Best Mafia Movie ever Made.
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• I've not seen that one.

• It's a great movie. I hate the Mafia and everything they "stand" for, but it's still one of my favourites

• definitely a good movie

when Ray Liotta is laughing and his has this crazy face. He's with Joe Pesci and i believe Robert De Niro at some place and they keep laughing. (can't completely recall the scene)

• No, I haven't, but now that you mention it I might haha

• One of the best movies ever made

• I've heard of it, but never seen it.

• Never seen it.

• Every time I start to watch it I fall asleep.

What Guys Said 11

• Outstanding movie. Martin Scorcese did a great job directing, and Ray Liotta, Robert DeNiro, and especially Joe Pesci turned out memorable performances. I actually just watched it again recently, maybe a month ago.

My favorite scenes (while trying to not spoil anything) are probably:
    - the opening 5-10 min when they show Ray Liotta's character as a young teenager in 1950s Brooklyn first getting involved with the mob and all the crazy things he would do, and all of the crazy things THEY did to look out for him. The major players in the movie are introduced, plus there's a scene just going around a room and showing all these different mobsters with funny nicknames and personas. I'll link a video for those parts since they don't really have any spoilers and is from the very beginning of the movie...
    https://youtu.be/ZD3y43cyddI
    https://youtu.be/6846CQWZbVg

-the "go get your shine box" scene where an older gangster just released from prison is being disrespectful to Joe Pesci's character.

-Ray Liotta pistol whipping some dude who made moves on his girlfriend😂

- the "Whaddaya mean I'm "funny?" " scene already posted by our boy Toad

Great movie, see it ASAP!👍👍

• not familiar... I fell out of movies once I started college... not much time. I watched too much TV as a kid... spent a lot of life in front of TV, was waste of time except for Gilligans Island... lol:)

seriously, unless it is educational, or historical, I'm usually not into it unless vegging. I'd rather read or talk.

• This is one of those movies when you come across it on a day off you just have to finish it.

That scene where they stop Tommy's mom's place to get a knife to finish off that guy is fucking amazing. I think that old lady was Scorsese's actual mom.
    It was just natural that conversation between her and Tommy. Them arguing about the dog facing separate ways in the picture she painted and he needs to settle down.

It's not the stories Scorsese tells but how he tells them that makes him so fucking amazing.

• Great movie, though I'm more of a My Cousin Vinnie guy. Yutes!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJLoxdoI-Q

one of my favorite scenes EVER

• Yes, it was pretty good

• One of my favorite movies of all time.

• good movie.. Godfather series was much better

• It's not that great.

Godfather I/II was better.

• It's pretty good.

• Love it.

Ongoing argument between my father in law and I is which is better between it and the Godfather. I'm team goodfellas all the way!

Best scene is easy when he's first wooing his wife to be. Tremendously set up shot.

@Tarvold it's way better than Godfather!! Godfather is overly romantic, built up fairy tale. Goodfellas is legit!