Guys, Do you think you have high standards because of the media?

Guys,Do you think you have high standards because of the media ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I like my women to look like women. At my age I expect stretch marks, cellulitis and varicose veins from childbearing, not so perky tits that dangle perfectly into my mouth when they are on top and hips with love handles I can actually hold onto when I'm feeding it from behind. I want my woman to be real and natural. Not have a body she has to diet for and to be confident about her body.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• I'm going to leave it at "maybe" because I could never really know if the media has influenced my preferences.

I've liked thinner girls since I was about 4 years old when I first really started noticing girls. And it's never really changed. It's always been that way for me, even as I've been able to watch the number of available thin women decline significantly over my lifetime.

If we weren't shown thin women in the media ever, would I have just become attracted to the majority, which is slightly overweight? I have no idea.

• When women think men expect perfection, it feels like a major form of projection. Not only do women probably have higher forms of standards in general but they have this irrational impulse to compete with women on the covers of magazines.

Most guys simply want a girl they are personally attracted to. Yes, that generally means she's expected to be in at least relatively good shape but this seems like a fair expectation and it certainly doesn't mean we only want model level women.

Women want all that too PLUS they generally tend to expect a certain level of financial success attached to the man.

• Nope, I don't expect all my girlfriends to look like Karlie Kloss
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b4b452ff3f.jpg

• No. I have high standards because I want an awesome and attractive woman. Don't care what media says, I want what I want.

• Nope, I disagree with media in lots of details.

• I do think the media can skew our perception of normal and cause our standards to scale upwards.

• I have high standards because I work my arse off to look and feel good. Any woman who doesn't put in the effort doesn't meet my standard.

• I have pretty decent standards because i think they are good. I know that generally girls have higher standards than boys so i raised the bar somewhat.

• No. I think women have always had high standards because of the fairy tales their read as a kids and reinforced through romantic movies over the years.

• I stopped caring about what the media told me to consider attractive years ago. My expectations are based on real people, not doctored images and unholy amounts of plastic surgery.

• As long as she's not a whale she's bangable. How hot she is defines how much im willing to put up with tho.

• No, I don't care about the media

• No, I don't care what the media says. I'd rather go all natural than a plastic surgeons barbie doll.

• if those images are high standards then eh i can say i dont have a standard at all

• I know what I want, fuck the media

• No I have high standards cauae I know my value

You just attached to media too much

• I'm pretty sure the average guy has like no standards at all. They'll get with any girl.

• women are the same way

Never said they weren't :)

Because I am a women I know and understand women, I am curious about men

maybe you should have did it for both sexes, as to not make men out to be so bad?

What Girls Said 2

• Heidi is like 40 something now. The American pie lady had botched plastic surgery and then suffered from anorexia.
    Ke$ha has no waist and is box shape her putting on a little weight would look bad.
    Do I have high standards physically? No. But personality and moral wise? yes.

• I know I have high standards for myself from social media