Why does my therapist keep calling me "pretty" ?

I am not prety but almot every time i have a therapy session with her (i have two therapists) she always calls me pretty. Like for example i'll be saying something and she'll be like "dont worry pretty " or "its ok pretty" she just can't stop calling me pretty. Is she saying this out of pity because i go there with sweatpants and no makeup on? or does she actually think im pretty. Wtf!

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe she's trying to up your self esteem? I mean, she IS a therapist...

What Guys Said 5

• It is the way that she talks. Like some people say dude, honey, mam, mate...

• It's because she is the Wicked Witch of the West

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d0090069f8.jpg

better watch out!

• I would say she thinks you look pretty and she is trying to boost your confidence.

• Maybe you are pretty. Or she just says that to every girl patient.

True but i alao forgot to mention that my teacher (im homeschooled) also calla me pretty or cutie. she's a girl as well.

Also * calls*

It may be common for girls to call each other cutie or pretty, especially when they're older than you. But who knows maybe you're just really pretty. But I am guessing it may just be a common expression for people who are older and talking to a younger woman.

• you go out in sweats and no makeup? yikes

Only if im going somewhere where no one will see me (liketheray, grocery shopping) etc. But i wear a bit of makeup and flattering clothes when i will be around lota of people. by the way , whats so bad about looking casual?

Wear*

im just sayin'

What Girls Said 2

• She wants you. Maybe put on some makeup and sexy clothes and she'll give you the best therapy session of your life! ;)

• Maybe that's just the way she talks. Like some people call everyone "honey".