Can you describe a "low" point in your life?

Things weren't (or aren't) going well for you. What exactly was (is) going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Addict for 19 years on the street for 14 my children taken away from mother and put into fostercare. Doctors, support workers, children's aid all told me to forget about them I was an addict and would never change. I felt so hopeless, helpless and powerless.
    But I did it found a doctor that supported my fight, an amazing mentor and personal support, and faught children's aid for 3 years while I proved my ability to stay clean and desire too provide for my children, straightened my mind out with the help of many counsellors and a neurologist, went to university, got a career and won custody of my kids. 9 years clean now and smiling every day.(short version missing alot)

That's amazing, seriously good for you. Not a lot of people could have done that. You're an awesome human being.

No I am a lucky human being that found a reason to succeed in my kids and the right supports to help along the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• The death of my beloved family pet who was my beacon of stability in an ever changing world, moving to a new state and the onset of depression and existential crisis. I sat in my room for two whole years dying slowly from lack of vitamins and sunlight, deciding that nothing mattered, because we're little bits on a little pebble in space and we're all going to die. My entire life turned on its head, I had no friends and felt the need to hide everything from everyone, including my family. I've gotten over most of it, besides the depression and crisis parts. But hey, it's driven me in school to learn more about sciences and math to hopefully get a better understanding of our world, or at least do something everyone can be proud of. Now I'm a high-honors junior.

What Guys Said 13

• Just recently, an old friend began to criticize and attack me... it took months to finally resolve it (sort of resolve it.)

Losing an old friend is really painful..

• I had on off issues with mental illness that seemed to be at its height around 5 years ago. I felt really tired and down.

• realized I was married to a psychopath for 13 years and that the entire thing was fake... ya that kinda sucked.

• My whole life for the last 10 years or so has been a low point. What's the point in life when you are too ugly/short/scrawny for any woman to consider you attractive?

• low point when I just realise how superficial people are to be honest? myself- right now thank god not anything. I mean I have my family and friends.. what more can you ask for? there are people out there who can't even do the everyday thing I can do so maybe just thinking about them and how we take things for granted makes me at a lowpoint.

• entered gag

• Failure to reciprocate the feelings of love from a girl. Who deserved better.

• I'm going through one now. Was dumped, my college is going south and I dont know what I want from life. Everybody around me is evolving, some are finishing their degrees, some are working and have their lives set up, and I'm just feeling stuck here.

oooooh I feel You!

@WoOolfy well, thank you for calling me evil! :(

Come to the dark side, we have cookies :P

Ooooh :-o I like cookies! Be right there! :D

• The last year. In them I have been betrayed and stabbed in the back by 2 ex freinds that I thought were close freinds. They even made me feel guilty like I had done something wrong when I had not. I foolshly forgave one of them only to have her emotionally back mail me with our freindship soon after. I have not talked to her since. After that I stupidy asked out one of my female freinds when the others encouraged me to. I lost her as a freind because of that. Latter I got a big crush on my close freind that stayed by me when the others betrayed me. I recently spent many months getting her comfortable and less shy around me again. Now I just want her as a freind but I'm not sure how to do so without hurting her. I don't want to keep putting myself out there with her not even giving a hint if she likes me more than a freind. I tried but I keep panicing when I try and tell her that I like her. I just want my freind back. I don't want my heart to race when she comes in the door and I just want to be able to hang out with her normally with her not being shy around me either. She has slowly been getting less shy with me. However I don't think that it would work out with us. Eventually I would soon be brave enough to ask her out but if I do then I can't just be her freind anymore and I run the risk of loosing her. I don't know if there is a way out that does not hurt her? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2109720-how-do-i-go-back-to-being-just-good-friends-with-her-how-will-she
    That and I failed my last math college course so now I have to change colleges and most of my units are specific to that college. I just feel like I'm waiting for something that just does not want to happen. I'm just working each day for something?

• Fired from Walmart!!
    Girlfriend got distant and then left me!!!
    friends went silent!!!
    Credit card debt racked up!!!
    Lost iPhone, had to use some crappy htc!
    Couldn't keep up live account on Xbox!!

Man!! It was tough!!! This all happened in the span of a month. December last year, was hell for me. I wanted to give up. Not SUICIDE, but you know.

• Not having a girl with me :(

• I was overweight, had little friends, no goals or ambitions, then I lost some weight, got a job, and applied to colleges. Life got better but I'm still trying to make things better.

that's kind of inspiring to me because right now I'm just a fat piece of nobody that lays around all day jobless and drinks too much.

At some point you just say "fuck it, I'm wasting my life, if I at least try and do something I won't feel like a total failure"

yeah I feel like I'm at that point

What Girls Said 17

• Dealing with Someone Special who Was into drugs. It wasn't easy, but he Finally kicked This... Bad Habit.
    I stayed on Because I has Remember the Man I had Always known, and with my own Help, Plus the Help of a Few other Departments, he got Back on the Right Track.
    Now that Things in this World are getting Worse, I can Now... Depend on him to Get us through Somehow.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Receiving a dick pic on this site

• Dad passed away when I was 17. Friends started disappearing and got "busy" or became"bi". Overweight throughout high school. Finally got a boyfriend. Broke up after 3 years. It'll be 3 months soon. Shitty job. People telling me to "keep my options open" when they hear im going to school for accounting. Life got pretty shitty after 17.

• 2012 was the worse year.
    i was in my heightest point in my life. i had eveyring anyone can ask for. then everyting crushed. one thing after another, it was like domino effect. everyone told me that things would get better...
    broken marriage, broken family, lost everytihng.

i had to start over -
    "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" - looking back, i am still rebuilding myslef. I am optimistic and i know i am okay. I have my health and a great support system.
    Life is a challenge, dont stay in one spot and dwell on the past/negative. Move forward and do whats best for yourself. When you are happy with yourself thats when you can help others.

• Back in college, when I was unemployed. Gaming allll day and eating everytime. LOL.

• Second semester freshman year and entir sophomore year of college was the worst.
    I was unhappy and alone and gained like 60lbs. Had
    No motivation for anything. Questioned a lot.
    Got my shit together though lmao

• When I was rejected by a guy friend who I really liked. This happened with another guy friend two and both were bad times for me. Lots of crying and being sad. Lots of hurting and feeling bad about myself.

• hmmm let me think... the worst two of them... like the two main onces:
    First I was born and the Second After all this years i'm still alive. Or noo The second is the worst than goes the first, yeeeep.

• My lowest point in my life was when I was 19 going on 20 you feel like just dying every waking moment, I am not a suicidal person but it's pretty close to it or in other words coming to the end of your rope.

• 19-21 worst years in my life.
    Living away from family, no stability (academically) , poor social life (20-21), friend's death, bad choices.

• When I was 12 and 11

• I've had depression anxiety and insomnia for my whole life, my whole life is my lowest point.

Don't say that. Things can still get better.

If that's all that's left for you, what's left for me?
      Don't be so pessimistic.

@Noxifer626 please don't tell me how to feel about my life. I also cannot feel how you feel about yours. I can only speak for myself. I'm very mentally unwell, don't guilt me into feeling bad for you because I cannot handle my own illness.

• Struggling with anorexia since I was 9. I almost died a few months after having my daughter because of it. Very very low point in my life 😞

• I have many... It's hard to just choose one to even tell about.

• I was having sex with a guy, and I caught feelings. The feelings weren't reciprocated, and I lost my dignity, self esteem, and etc. I lost respect for myself. I loved him, and I couldn't get enough of him. That's the sad part smh. I allowed myself to repeatedly get hurt, because I thought that things would be different or change. That will be the last time I ever make myself too available, and emotionally open to a guy.

• I was shooting heroine everyday and over drafting my account often when I was managing a restaurant in orlando, florida. I quit cold turkey about a year ago and now even if I was offered any for free I would reject it. Probably the hardest thing I've ever been through.
    I gotta say though, quitting heroine is easier that starting to floss. I can't get myself to floss no matter how hard I try

• Mum was cheating on my dad, and telling me to keep it a secret.
    only just moved away for uni so was homesick
    just split up with my first serious boyfriend.
    and working 2 jobs so all hours to pay for my uni...