Do you ever feel "on edge" walking past people, afraid they'll harm you?

I heard that many men picture having sex with attractive women they see.

Meanwhile, when I see people, I picture them shooting or attacking me.

Does this happen for any of you?

• yes, if the person seems much stronger than me
  • yes, if the person seems at all stronger than me
  • sometimes but I'm not sure if there's a correlation in strength
  • I even fear this regarding people who are weaker than me
  • I even fear this regarding people who are much weaker than me
  • I don't have these fears
  • hell, I fantasize about ME attacking THEM, not vice versa
2mo Please explain how often this happens for you
2mo Update

Most Helpful Guy

• The opposite actually.

When I walk around, I can feel people tensing up.
    I can hear the car doors locking, or the people waiting to exit their cars until I've gained reasonable distance.

I can see women positioning their purses strategically on the opposing side of their bodies so it will be harder for me to grab it.

What's interesting is the different demographics of people that I make uncomfortable depending on what I'm wearing.

Whether I'm in a suit or a hoodie, people still tense up, but some people may be put at ease by by the suit; meanwhile the same suit makes other people more apprehensive.

People are very interesting.

When your on the street particularly if it's in a run down area then some caution is understandable.
      There's a rundown area i have to walk through every week and I tense up and i'm on guard if im not with someone i know and I've seen other people do the same i'm not small or weak or injured or anything ever some places just seem risky!

Most Helpful Girl

• This is me all the time. Whenever I am out shopping I will feel uncomfortable, unless I'm in an environment where I feel more comfortable. I'm not really sure how to explain it. But it just seems like I attract all the wrong attention. The guys I want to pay attention to me (ie. family oriented guys, who want relationships) don't care about me at all. But the guys who only want sex seem to always be trying to talk to me or following me around.

I'm mostly afraid of people saying mean things to me. As a bigger woman, even though I'm in the average range for people now a days, it seems like someone always wants to make mean comments. I just like to be left alone and shop.

If a person comments about you, it says more about them than you

I know it does, but it's hard in the moment to not feel attacked. People can be so mean, and think that their comments are 'helpful' when in fact they are the complete opposite plus they are unwarranted. I don't dress or do my make up, or do my hair for anyone other than myself. So I don't want people criticizing my appearance. I'm not on a fashion blog asking people for opinions, and I'm not holding up a sign telling people to critique my outfit. But people feel the need to make opinions anyway. I know I should let it roll off my shoulders, but it's hard to let them slide by.

Growing up I always felt I had to hide who I really was. I was bullied relentlessly as a child and I think this is part of that. Plus being with people who were controlling. I am now starting to explore my style and I am loving it! It makes me happy to go out in clothes I love. So it's very hurtful when people feel the need to make comments.

Thanks!!!

What Guys Said 23

• Shooting you? Where do you live? Is that a Mexican thing? I live in a relatively safe area. I generally don't worry about people attacking me. I'm well trained, so sometimes I think of the move that I'd that is going through my mind if I was jumped at that moment. I really only feel 'scared' if I'm low energy or depleted, ill, etc. Or if it's a genuinely sketchy situation.

• yeah especially with girls, if i get caught looking, im afraid they will yell at me for being a ugly guy looking, and maybe hit me with a bat or something and beat me to a pulp.
    guys always risk being hurt like that with the way girls naturally treat us.

• Kinda but not due to a fear of being physically attracted. I would only fear being attacked if I was walking in a shady neighborhood or if it was night.

• No exactly on the size figures, more of how they look overall.
    Some people are scary, not because of their size, but because they look like psychos.

• Only if the person seems up to no good.

• Not usually, I was walking back to a hotel at night with my hood up and everyone basically moved well out of my way haha. In a bad part of town with some sketchy looking people maybe.

• Only if I'm on a bad side of town, known for people getting jumped or where I've been attacked before. Certain locations/scenarios I will be more aware in due to past experiences. But for the most part no I do not.

• I'm that dood who you'd probably picture messing with you. I've had people lock their cars when they see me walking by LOL. I find it kind of funny cause I'm just an average dood and a nice guy (I think.)

• I am Option F mainly because my head is in the clouds most of the time and I don't notice them

• This sounds like some what of a paranoia issue going on cause i use to be the same way and I heard that you develop paranoia with Anxiety disorders as well.

• Nope lol, not for me

• Maybe if its a gang of guys.

• I don't actually picture having sex with people.
    Don't know why. I just don't

• Rarely ever, but of course I've been around the block to know if someone is trouble

• Nope. Being tripled up helps

• Ad long as they aren't

As long as they aren't dressed or look like low lifes, then i pay people no mind

• Not really

• Only if they give me reason.

• I don't have these fears

• Sometimes a bit when I walk past a group of guys. Whenever I walk past anyone in a dark alley or sth like that I try to not walk too close just to be sure though I'm not actually worried. I'm quite fast so as long as I stay out of arm's reach I should be ok

And I never think of having sex with attractive women I see. I often think about smiling at them but never actually do it

• That's dating, guys want sex... Girls don't want to get killed...

• only at night

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• It sounds like with Everything Bad that is Going on Around this World nowadays, @mistixs, it is Making you a Bit... Paranoid.
    Try and calm yourself here, dear, and your Fears. Be Wary of your Surrounmdings and Smart enough to Know When you Could be in Danger, which sadly, Cannot always Be.
    Other than That, Relax.
    Good luck. xx

• Normally? No. But only if I sense imminent danger intuitively by reading people and observing their actions. Sometimes its not me their after, but another person they could target right now, or in the future. I can feel that, and they may not do anything if they stop themselves on time. But 9/10x it does happen exactly like I knew it would. Again, never be afraid to trust your instincts. If you feel something is really wrong, and that gut feeling is harassing you urgently, don't take chances.

• Yes, especially at night.

• On the days I'm feeling more paranoid I do. :D

• Only if it's a guy who seems potentially threatning

• I really do sometimes because some people look crazy