Why would any girl get in a stranger's car?

I was reading about serial killer Ted Bundy and it makes me wonder why were girls more naive back then.

Even victim surviver Carol Daronch, who at first asked for his ID and was hesitant, ignored her initial gut instinct and still got in his car.

2mo Good thing she got away but that was very naive of her. I ain't getting in no stranger's car.

Most Helpful Guy

• When it's raining and a guy offers you a lift.

When he has a cast on his arm and is struggling to lift something into his car, and he asks you for help. And you do help him. And then he offers you a lift as thanks.

These guys are charming and disarming. They make the woman feel safe and not threatened.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone assumes that bad things do indeed happen BUT could never happen to them. People like that think that there are two worlds - their own, and the world of events that is around them.

• I've given a few girl hitchhikers rides before, no big deal, i just happen to be going their way. its just the damsel in distress thing nice guys like me respond to sometimes.

• Because he was handsome and charming, therefore girls didn't really think he could be a soulless rapist

• Let’s look at the phrase: “I dream of angels, but lay down with demons.” I personally believe, in times past, people we’re more trusting, because not so much had occurred, especially in the United States as they have tragically taken place within the last decade.

The Twin Towers were destroyed, conflicts and war happening in the Middle East, and terrorism on the rise. We want to believe, I think, the best in people most of the time, and despite what our instincts are telling us, our subconscious still has this innate desire to give others the benefit of the doubt. Maybe that's why they got into the stranger's car despite what their emotions were screaming at them not to.

Perhaps that was more true so back then during the time of Ted Bundy than now. Society and people as a whole appear to be more distrustful now than they were before; with obvious good reasons, I’m not saying they shouldn’t, but with each tragedy that occurs in our lives and in the media, we give up a little more of ourselves and our freedoms to feel safe, and maybe that is the worse offense of all.

• Those people probably tried to lure in multiple girls, but you only hear about the ones that were stupid enough to fall for it.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I mean... We get into cabs and uber cars all the time lol.
    But yeah, I wouldn't get into a stranger's car unless it's someone my friends know really well, or it's like a cab or something.