Based on true events?

I am doing my best to look for war movies that are based on true events but it seems like everything i watch is not even close to what i want to watch. Vietnam War based movies is one i am more interested in but anything related to all wars is now. So if you have a name or title of a movie based on War let me know and i shall check it out. Thank you for your help.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not about Vietnam, but have you watched Band of Brothers? I've heard a lot of people say its extremely good.

I have not watched it but sounds interesting though

I've heard nothing but good things about it, hopefully you enjoy it!

thank you i know i will

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an Australian movie called "Beneath Hill 60" about a division in world war one. The love story part of the movie is fictional of course but all the war-related stuff is based on a true event and actually very historically authentic.

In terms of world war one movies, there's also the big classic "All Quiet on the Western Front" of course. It's a bit of an oldie but one of the best war movies ever made in my opinion. It depicts the war very realistically.

"Saving Private Ryan" gets unnecessarily cheesy towards the end and the story is completely fictional but the very beginning of the film (the first 20 minutes) are absolutely great. This beginning is probably the most authentic depiction of the landing in the Normandy ever filmed.

And like someone else already said, "Band of Brothers" is also very good and realistic if you're into world war two.

Here's the trailer for "All Quiet on the Western Front" from 1979. There's also an older version from 1930 and apparently, there's a new version of this film coming out next year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1PW2n8POg

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• We Were Soldiers is based on an actual battle, the Battle of Ia Drang in November 1965. It was the first major engagement between US and North Vietnamese troops.

There are also Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor, and 13 Hours.

13 Hours sounds like a good movie along with Lone Survivor

• Saving Private Ryan, Thin Red Line, Lone Soldier, Wind Talkers, The Great Scape, Full Metal Jacket, Letters From Iwo Jima, American Sniper, A Midnight Clear, Drama Shindler's List, Glory, Tuskegee Airmen, Pearl Harbor, Flying Ace this is a small list of war movies movies I like.

Thank you... might as well check then out