Does anybody else just feel so alone all the time?

I'm a Junior in college, I live in a big city (I have all my life), yet I still have practically no friends to go to when I need something or to just chill. I do everything by myself, including my hobbies. Needless to say, I am busy with classes and work which is really helping take my mind off things, but when I'm doing nothing, I constantly realize wherever I go, I'm almost always alone. Sure, I have to meet my clients once in awhile, but that's work-related.

I am trying my best not to make this a sob-story, it's just really how I feel. I hop off my bike in the middle of a park and look around to see so many people together, yet here I am with me myself and I almost 24/7. To be honest, I've adapted to being alone, it's just the thought of not having anybody gets to me.

Does anybody feel this way, or at least has felt this way in the past?

What Girls Said 1

• Aren't ya going to bars/parties, a few drinks could bring out the extrovert in ya.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm feeling the same although a different story. I too grew up in a city. The Bay Area to be exact. I had Many friends, I had my crew of followers it was awesome experience, met many people of ethnicities, cultures etc it was bliss. I met my wife dated for a while we got married, I moved to Southern California as soon as I got there I lost all my friends, struggled to find a job, struggled financial to make story short my spouse and I stopped communicating and she filed for divorce. I now find myself in a mid size city that I don't even like, with no friends or social interaction, except for work related business. I'm utterly alone here, I used to fit in. I can't even go home now too many burnt bridges due to my marriage many people didn't agree with. I see people having fun at the parks when I go for a walk, i see many happy families etc. It's just making me more depressed.