What do you think of this gun?

What do you think of this gun?

• Ban it.
  • We should be able to own it.
2mo Also what do you think about the AR 15?
2mo You know that is a WWII assault rifle right? This proofs, that you can't judge a gun on how scary it looks.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a classic! It's the M-1 which evolved from a.30 cal round to a 30.06 round with the M-1 Garrand and a.308 in the M-14. It's a staple piece in any gun collector's collection. There's many competitions based on the M-1 platform in NRA and CMP matches.

Most Helpful Guy

• The irony is that the.30-06 ammo this gun uses is vastly more powerful and deadly than that in the AR-15, but because it looks like a hunting rifle people will be more okay with it.

That is the point. I am wondering how many people who wants to allow it, but wants to ban the AR 15.

What Girls Said 7

• Be Loaded and Ready, Bad Times a Coming.
    My own Roomie, who was in the Special Forces, has a Handgun, 380, and Last nite before "Sully," the new Movie that is Out, went Out... To buy a Special Rifle with a Scope.
    People like Himself, even you, @Thisperson98, are not Trigger Happy, but are in the "Know" for you Know what is Headed our Way.
    Keep your Guns handy but at the Same time, Keep your Bible Closer.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Im against banning.

• I don't care, go crazy with it.

• I think I've given up caring :P

• ban all guns

Americans see it as freedom :P if they ban them they will think they are slaves

@Terry_Himmler if they were "free" they wouldn't need to use guns

An American would say i need it for protection (what a Lie)
      Thats the way they think Guns=Freedom=School Massacres

• I should shoot you with it.

• I swear if you're the same guy posting the pictures of air guns then you need to chill man.

What is wrong with asking about guns?

I think she is saying its getting old dude and I voted B

There's literally nothing wrong with asking about guns. But don't you think people get bored with seeing literally the same exact person, post the same exact question, just so he can belittle everyone who doesn't know or doesn't agree with everything he's saying.

What Guys Said 25

• The M-1 Garrand. That's a classic and played a big role in our victory in WWII. Patton called it the greatest battlefield implement. Many were sold after the war and were used for hunting. It is chambered in arguably the best overall cartridge in 30-06 which is still the most popular hunting caliber. I would love to have one and it's replacement the M-1A

• I don't ultimately care. Gun ownership is kind of a hardo move a lot of the time. Like if someone breaks in your house and already has a gun out, you're not making it to your AR-15, you'll get shot up even by their pea shooter. I just don't think guns give people the absolute invincibility and protection they think it does. And beyond that, i'm not going to murder someone because they tried to steal from me, that's not something I consider punishable-by-death, even if they invaded my home to do it. If I'm on the other end, all I want is your TV, I'm not looking for a shootout, and they only way you're getting shot is if you try to shoot me. Literally all you would have to do is make a noise or yell "get out!", and I'm climbing back out the window I came in through in a hurry.

• Old military rifle , nothing wrong with it at all

I am seeing how many people want to ban it, compared to the AR 15.

The whole banning guns issue to me is repugnant. It's the people and their mind set that does bad things , guns are merely the tool of choice. But I see were your coming from with this

• I don't know about that gun, but regarding an AR-15 I think people should be allowed to own one if they so choose, but I think there should be a background check and waiting period first. The second amendment gives people the right to own and bear arms. In no way is limiting your ability to get a certain type of gun infringing. It's just as easy to get your hands on a gun and therefore it is no harder to "bear arms" it just harder to bear specific arms. Like if I said you could have candy but took away some candy, you would still be able to exercise your right to eat candy just as easily. The second amendment doesn't specify types of firearms, and a background check is not infringing on your right.

I haven't heard a single logical argument for not having background checks.

And people on the no fly list shouldn't be able to get there hands on an AR-15, that's for sure.

Not every person who owns a gun goes to those meetings.

Not every person, that's true.

I don't know, it wouldn't be easy to get all the weapons but I think if the government really wanted to they would be able to.

• Own it for shooting, hunting. Even own it as a collection. Some can own it

But if everyone is legally allowed to own it, it's not so powerful anymore

Who do you think has the upper hand if everyone has a gun in the same room pointed at each other... Yup you guessed it, nil

• A Garand rifle? I think it's old, bulky, heavy, awkward loading mechanism, overpowered for most users. A collector's item, not a practical use item anymore.

And Ar-15's? I think they're good. I hate the noise when shooting indoors, but if you oil it well, they are great rifles. Can take about a million accessories, low recoil, fairly long range, simple to take down once you learn...

• The whole anti-gun thing is not about the guns - guns don't shoot people - people shoot people. If you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have them.
    Ever notice all the mass shootings are in gun-free zones? Coincidence? I don't think so. An armed society is a polite society. There's a whole lot less gun violence in all of Arizona as compared to Chicago. But the anti's will really never get it because it's based on an emotional response.

• M1 Garand isn't it? I like semi automatics in my shooters, and that ping sound it makes is pretty juicy. A shame you can't tactical reload with it in games though, since I do that all the time.

• Never used an M1. Iconic gun, no question, but for my own use I like the SKS. Cheap ammo and light recoil make it hard to beat for fun shooting.

• Another rifle inspired by the Mauser 1998.
    Military use through much of the 20th century.
    Remington, Winchester, Weatherby and many others used the design for hunting and sporting rifles.

• Both this and the AR-15 are fine.
    Most AR-15 owners are extremely responsible.
    Gun ownership needs to be taught as something good, and kids should learn about the responsibility endowed on to them by the 2nd amendment

• M1 Garand .30 caliber semi automatic rifle it was made in the USA
    Very Accurate, The Designer is John Garand and itwas used in WW2

Nah Why should they ban it, its a very good gun and collectible

I am trying to see who wants to ban the M1 Grand compared to the AR 15.

in My Country all guns are banned, you can get only for hunting and the murder rate is 0.7 per year

• Yes, it is a semi automatic rifle with a small clip size.

It's not an assault rifle - it is not select fire, and it fires a full size rifle caliber round.

It also comes in fully automatic.

Only in experimental models which used modified BAR clips. Any other full-auto Garand would be a unofficial field modification likely to wear components out quickly. What good is a fully automatic weapon with only eight rounds?

• Mosin Nagant?
    Isn't it semi auto?
    I don't think this prooves anything, it looks like a ww2 rifle to me, people usually freak out about 'black' rifles. Fully auto ARs

• I am not familiar with guns but that looks old school. Seems like a cool gun.

• Is that one in.30 or 30.06?
    Classic gun.
    No guns should be banned either.

• Is that the M-1 that helped win WWII?

• I know nothing about guns - Is this another air gun trick question

• its an M1 Garand
    Which half the people call the Grand and the other half garand

• Looks shit.

• ... this gun in particular or guns in general?

• too fat

• Looks like the one I always use for shoot outs at festivals if it's the same one with 6 lead rounds

I think you should be allowed to own it only with a weapon permission like all other weapons

• own it.

• It gets me rock hard cuz i'm a gun nut.