Have you ever donated blood?

I'm donating for the first time tomorrow

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like to but I'm not allowed unfortunately. They have regular blood donation events going on at my university about twice a year with nurses and also doctors who advise you if you've got any questions. I wanted to donate blood a few years ago but they didn't let me. My girlfriend usually donates hers though.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah I have been donating since I was eligible, which I think is like 16?

• I did numerous times, back in college.

But after a vacation back home in Asia, they didn't want my blood until a year after. But, with the craziness of the years after, that ended up being the last time I donated... so far.

• I have lots of times - You will be fine

• It's more difficult for women to give than men. I've never had any difficulty, but most of the women I know have. I've had a nurse tell me that the arteries lie on top of muscle, and since men have more muscle their veins are easier to find and poke successfully.
    Regardless, I think it's great you're donating. It shows a charitable spirit. Best wishes!

• i. imgur. com/hvIkfyk. jpg
    i. imgur. com/CqaZwoo. jpg
    i. imgur. com/zzFV3Xg. jpg

My first time I donated I didn't drink enough water and my blood wasn't flowing fast enough foe the nurse so she moved the needle which caused the blood to stop flowing in the needle and past the needle out on my arm which left me with a nasty bruise that I was super proud of, but every time after that was great.

• Can't say that I have.

• I heard the needle is painful sinxe its larger in size and i can't stand when they miss a vein.

• The best you can do is distract your mind from the situation when the needle gets put in.

• Yes, many times.

• I could be in a snake pit and not even flinch, but I HATE needles! And I pass out.

• Long time ago.

• What do you get for that? Or is it for free?

• No, but if you ever need just let me know

• I tried, but was rejected for health related issues (weak body). So they only made a blood test instead

What Girls Said 14

• No, I'm too squeamish :( I hate needles and every time I've had blood taken, it's taken them like five times to actually get blood because they either can't get it from the vein or they do get it but it comes out so slowly that it's useless and clotted or whatever. It's horrible.

• Yes I have, quite few times :) Good luck and well done!! It can be nerve-wracking but you feel so good afterwards

My brother had kidney cancer when he was 8 and relied on numerous blood transfusions throughout his treatment. He would go into the hospital tired and down and come out bouncy and playful! :D So thank you for donating!! He's okay now but I know there are loads of families out there who need it too

• No, I Never have, @LouisvilleGirl826.
    However, Since reading this great True story Called "Taylor's Gift," I am Seriously Now... Considering Donating my Organs.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Yes, and I always faint but I still do it anyways.

Are you afraid of blood, needles, or veins?

Needles have never bothered me. Even when I was a little kid, like one of my earliest memories is being in a doctor's office and him being amazed by the fact that I didn't cry when he gave me a shot, lol. Blood doesn't bother me and veins don't bother me either

Nice, then you will be fine :)

• I never donated blood. But it's something I want to do. I just need to make sure I'm able to do it and find out where I can do it.

• Yes i have.

• I'm gonna do it next week at school I have tho every year of high school.

• No I haven't. I'm not medically able to do so.

• No. Needles scare the heck out of me. :(

• I can't because I'm anemic :/

• I've never weighed enough to give blood except when I was pregnant and you can't give blood then so no I haven't 😒

• i have and i almost fainted

• I never have, I hope to do it sometime soon.

• Nope, and I can't because I lived in Africa (I had malaria multiple times) and I am tattooed.