What comes first: love or sexual attraction?

• Love
  • Sexual attraction

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll assume by "love," you are referring essentially to emotional attraction.

While I suppose it is possible to have emotional attraction before sexual attraction, it'd be quite rare. In most cases of this rarity, it'd mean interacting with them without seeing them. (I. e. You talk to someone for a year, never see their face or anything of em, and find you really like their personality... Eventually forming attraction from it.) Of course, the validity of this attraction is often called into question-- that's a whole other can of worms.

However, it also could be the case that one starts to imagine what the other looks like and forms sexual attraction from that. It gets iffy.

For some people also, they may say that fell in love with someone's personality and later started to appreciate the physical attributes of the person. I suppose this is totally possible, but again, I imagine this is a rare instance. One may also say the subsect of people, demisexuals, are an exception to sexual attraction coming first as well.

However, I think for most there is a small subconscious sexual attraction that happens at first sight. I believe it's just how the brain works. The sexual attraction is there, but it is then made up further via personality which can either seal the deal or repulse.

If it were a race, sexual attraction wins almost always-- it can happen in a matter of seconds, while emotional attraction/love takes anywhere from minutes to years. As many things in this world, it's not theoretically impossible to have emotional attraction before sexual attraction, but I suspect it's quite rare.

It's not very romantic thinking that sexual attraction is faster than emotional attraction, but I guess that's just how the world works 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• You're first thought upon meeting someone you find attractive is to give or get the baby batter not live happily ever after. Love or well just lust will come after depending on how you play your cards.

What Guys Said 18

• Sexual attraction is first. That's the first appeal of the person. Love grows and matures over time.

• Never love. Always sexual attraction.

• Probably sexual attraction for me

• Sexual attraction always.
    You look at her and you will see love? NO, you see those nice lips, those nice ass curves, those... damn, i dunno..

• i believe in love, but putting your feelings out there means taking a huge dildo up your ass and right in the feelings with no mercy.
    so sex comes first to me right now - if the person deserve it, then love will develop.

• Love for sure

• Sexual attraction is based way more on appearance, and there's plenty of hot women I'm sexually attracted to, but plenty of them I don't consider to love them! Some are horrible people and have toxic personalities, but can be incredibly hot!

• In my case Love comes first. The girl I'm in love with is beautiful, dazzling and gorgeous. When i met her, I didn't think anything perverted but my heart just told me "she's the one". There's something about her that attracted me and won my heart. There are plenty of other beautiful girls and all, which means that Sexual attraction can happen with anybody while being in love is limited if you think about it. Plus no-one stays young and sexy.

• "attraction" which leads to and causes love.

• love for me

• Attraction of any variation

• O believe love and sexual attraction isn't even related. I only loved an extremely small plain girl when I was at school. I wasn't even attracted to her at first sight.

• Lust all the way. Love comes far later if at all and usually simply never comes.

• First is lust based sexual attraction. Depending on how long it takes for him to see you naked there might actual feelings involved. If you give up the goods fast then all chances of something more will fizzle out once the animal inside is satified.

• Well for me my heart pitter patters so it's Love comes first.

• You start with the physical attraction. Then, you get to know each other and if you're compatible the love comes.

• Judging by the poll, it's no wonder that most marriages end in divorce these days. You people don't actually love each other. You don't even know what love is. You LUST for your partner/spouse, and when that lust fades you simply discard them and find another body to lust after.

They aren't saying sexual attraction is more important. T hey are saying they feel sexual attraction instantly, where love builds with time.

• Sexual attraction

What Girls Said 10

• Sexual attraction for sure but I wish love came first

• From my experience, sexual attraction is something that comes early on, and love is something that is built off of that and developed over time.

• Sexual attraction.

• Is it possible to fall in love with a man in that way, if you are not sexually attracted to him?

• For me, it was love... Sex came after

• Sexual attraction

• Real sexual attraction, love would come first for me

• Sexual attraction. For sure.

• Sexual attraction!!

• I'd say sexual Attraction