Was it scary for you to drive the first few times 🚗?

I want to get my driving Liscence but I would be scared to take the wheels for the first time , I would be scared to crash the car specially when I hear about all the car accidents!

Most Helpful Guy

• nope

I always had problems with multitasking, so I thought when I was younger that I'd never be good at driving... but on my first few lessons that quickly went away.

If you drive yourself you have a better idea of how things work, what's dangerous etc. You have a feeling for the car and the traffic... and with that your fear goes away.

If you drive careful, then you won't do an accident. Of course there is always the possibility that some other idiot causes one, but usually you end up in one because it was your own fault. So if you don't speed, drink alc and all that shit then it's not that risky

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely LOVE driving so my dad and uncles did let me drive before, for me it was amazing, a bit nerve racking tho lol. However since I was underage I didn't drive in roads that have lots of cars. But now I'm so looking forward to get the license 🙊

What Guys Said 28

• I was definitely nervous but I had my dad there with me so he helped me a lot. Just take it easy while you're learning and make sure you get a good driver to teach you who will be very patient. After you've been driving for a while though, it becomes natural and you don't even think about it.

• Yeah, but I am anxious whenever something is unfamiliar to me.

Prior to taking drivers Ed , my mom had taken me to an empty parking lot to drive around and get a feel for it. You could try that so your first time driving is in a controled environment with no obstacles to worry about.

• Ah, the cars have dual controls, the person giving you the exam can stop the car, don't worry!

• Nope I wasn't scared, only time I was a little scared was when we were practicing on a super highway and we almost got ran off the road by a semi truck, other then that, smooth sailing.

The most important thing to remember is to pay attention and keep your eyes on the road because your not just keeping a lookout for yourself but also paying attention for other drives that aren't looking.

• The first time was. But it was mostly because it was weird being on the left side and not in the passengers seat. But you get over that pretty quickly. The only other scary part was going on the highway for the 1st time cause you aren't used to going that fast and being around so many cars at 1 time and merging (which is still kinda scary, especially if you're behind another car). But that just takes a bit of time to get used to. But you're 21. I think it's a bit different when you're 15 or 16

• Wasn't scared. Had driving lessons with my great-aunt who is a professional driving instructor. Was always a bit tricky to drive through narrow places where you didn't have an overview about cars potentially coming from the side, but thats about it.

Driving fast on autobahns was never a problem and parking neither.

• Nah it was liberating. In Paris though, i'd be scared asf.

• Yes it was but I rarely feel scared now despite a few unsafe morons on the road and being in much busier trafic.
    I won't lie It's not 100% risk free but once your road placement and judgement improves after a while of driving you will feel far more confident and comfortable behind the wheel this will take time though.

• say i love u to all your family than say
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و ان محمد رسول الله

سُبْحَانَ اْلَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَ مَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ*وَ إِنَّا إِلى رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُونَ
    and go for it
    ps dont eat something before going
    good luck

• Yeah I had driven other things prior so it was just transferring my knowledge to a car

• No not scary. But probably because I had ready driven other things prior.

• I don't drive - I kinda half learned but never stuck to it

• The first few times? Hell yeah, it took me a lot of time to learn but now I'mn really good at it ^^
    At first even when I was going slow I thought it was so fast and I had no control at all over the car.

• Absolutely fucking terrifying
    That right there is a multi-ton metal missile.
    Its good to be a little afraid, it shows that you realize just how wrong things can go

• Are you kidding? Freedom! Just drive back roads until your comfortable about driving the highway. Parking is toughest when new so keep away from other cars until your more comfortable.

• No... why scared?
    I got my license and I drove... that was 30 years ago... no accident until now... almost 500.000 km...

• Scarier for everyone else on the road.

• Nope
    I'm driving on street since 15 which is illegal but I love driving and I'm quite awesome at it

• If you get an instructor to teach you how to drive, you will have nothing to fear.
    Driving in India is rough lol!
    Driving in New York is stressful too!

You should really get lessons if you plan on driving in a crowded metropolitan area

• Human behaviour afraid to try anything first time

• Yes I sweated through my shirt

• First time was on high way full of big trucks

• you my babe. Just go slow.

• you can ride me right now ;) ;) ;) ;) :)

• I can't remember because I started driving before I turned 8

• you are very beautiful

Thank you ❤️

yeah she is a cutie inside and out. i still remember pming her on my first account
      "they used to call me mama at my hs because of the advice i gave" :-D

@ikterikhairmangdi haha how do you remember that :P ! And thank youu ^_^

• How good are you at being aware of your surroundings and approximating distance?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• take lessons...

i dont remember much when i took drivers ed in HS. later on, my brother (the bus driver with lots of patience) gave me more lessons.
    one time, i told my brother that i couldn't change lanes, he said then dont drive.
    ever since then, i just go for it.
    so... you just have to build up your confidence with practice.
    good luck

• It's not scary. I've been driving from a very young age so that's why I had no problem with it, because I already knew what it felt like, but once I actually got my permit and went out on the highway for the very first time I did feel a little uneasy. That feeling goes away quickly though, especially the more and more you drive and get used to it. Just be careful, I'm sure you won't get into an accident, hopefully. It's a really nice feeling driving alone for the first time.

• No, it was super exciting for the most part.

• Yes I am very careful person especially when It is about driving and I felt tensed at first time but after a few times It was like I was born for driving. I wanted to drive more and more.

• My sister made me get behind the wheel in a parking lot once. I felt like I would crash even though I was driving -10 mph.

• Traffic.

It is still scary for me sometimes

I was only scared on the first day, after that I wasn't. Though after my car wreck 5 years ago I've been too scared to drive. :(

Sometimes i don't see another car and till now everything went well but i am afraid one day it goes terrible wrong

• I thought that it was scary the very first time i drove, but i got used to it. Don't stress over all of the crashes. It happens, it's life things happen. You will absolutely love having a license. You don't depend on other people anymore you feel like your own person. My opinion, GET YOUR LICENSE!

• Yeah it's scary but u gotta get out of you comfort zone to be able to learn

• Not scary at all. If you're aware of your surroundings you're fine

• I start driving next year (16). I am pretty anxious. Mix feelings as well. 😅

• Nope, it was exciting! I was ready to bump everything in sight.

• I only tried once
    I'm afraid to do it again

• I learned to drive in the winter with snow covered icy roads so yes it was a bit scary.

• Yes, very scary
    😂😂

• It was scary but I think about 99% of that fear came from my mom screaming from the passenger side... Anyway, it wears away with time.