Is hard work even worth it?

Life is short and I only get to live once so why bother working hard? I like to binge watch Netflix , eat and sleep. I know I won't be able to afford a big suburban house with a guest room and a huge pool in the backyard, expensive clothes or designer handbags. I want to lead a minimalist lifestyle. The idea of a 9 to 5 job bores me to tears.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not worth it. You are right. Just make enough to have a modest house and some spending money each month and enjoy yourself. That's my motto too.

What Guys Said 2

• My belief is that you work just enough to pay the bills, you decide how much the bills will be?

• Thats up to the person, I can't say for you, but I work hard and bust my ass, working 40-50 hours a week while full time college student so I don't have debt, I refuse to be average, I don't even care if it kills me

What Girls Said 1

• Well, although my personal goal is to work hard and be wealthy, we all have different life goals. What's most important is that you're happy and not everyone needs wealth for that, I guess.

I was born into a very well off family. Being wealthy entails eating overpriced food at fine dining restaurants, staying at five star hotels, buying designer handbags, driving nice cars , living in a wealthy neighborhood, going to an elite private school and always flying first class. I've done 95% of those things and those things don't make me happy.

What do you like to learn about?

Everything that I think matters and I should know, like about music and education which are my passions, but also about society, history, literature, etc. Things we should know about.