How do you keep going when you've lost all hope?

I just can't ever see anything in my life getting better.
I just don't know how to keep going, I mean whats the point of it

2mo HELP ME
2mo Anyone please

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so very sorry that you feel you have lost all hope. I know you suffer from depression, and depression is so debilitating for those who suffer from it. At present , you probably feel you have no purpose in your life. Reach out to those who care about you , or to anyone who you trust enough to confide in. It is important to talk about how you feel. You will probably feel such despair at times, and discouraged in all aspects of your life. I am not sure if you have seen a therapist or sort out self-help on the internet?

The point of going is for those who care about you , and you for yourself. If ever you need to talk or offload you can always confide in me, any time. Even if i can't help you, i am a great listener.

These may not help, but they are interesting reads when people have lost sight of any hope in their lives.

tinybuddha - how-losing-all-hope-can-be-freedom

powertochange. com experience/life/suicide

I couldn't post the links due to being only level one, but you could maybe search for them on the net :)

Most Helpful Guy

• What is you're losing hope with? Let's break them down.

Everyone feels exactly like you at some point, hell even most days! I'm the exact same too but I know it's all bullshit.
      But aren't you taking a grant from the Government, which you can pay after getting your degree? Either way there's always ways around money issues!
      and there's plenty of ways you can become a novelist... :p You're way talented enough for that career!

Oh yeah and about "I'm going to die alone" complete bs! That's all i'll say. Millions of girls out there

What Girls Said 42

• Things will get better, trust me! It seems like it won't right now, but that's because you are at the period of your life of great transition. 21 was hard for me too. I think it's hard for a lot of people.

You are officially an adult, yet people still treat you like a kid, but then turn around and put adult expectations on you. Dating sucks because people have no idea what they want and everyone is so busy trying to figure out what they want to do in life that they have no time for dating or relationships.

Friendships are tough because everyone is moving or going in different directions.

The key is to realize that how you are feeling is normal for someone your age. The best thing you can do is set goals and try to achieve them.

Give yourself something to do each day that gets you closer to your goals. Invest your time in things that are enjoyable for you, then you won't be so focused on the things that aren't how you like them in your life.

Reach out to friends, and try to make new friends. Do things that make you happy. Make sure to take time to do things that you enjoy and need to do. Self care is also important. Especially if you suffer from depression, make sure you do things to care for yourself.

The point of life is achieving the goals you have set out for yourself. That may be a certain career path, or starting your own business. It could also be owning a home and having a family. Or it could be going on a really cool vacation.

Take a look and see what it is you desire in life, and then try to find ways to achieve that for yourself. That will give you purpose and make you feel like you are working towards something. It's okay for your goals to change too!

• I was at that point then I discovered religion and with some anti depressants and religion and therapy I'm feeling much better.

• For me, I always reach to God. I realized that the answer does not come from me but from God. When I focus on me and those who hurt me, I just get into a dark hole. I don't have any answers for my life that can set me free. I read proverbs and Psalms. I realize that the more I trust in God, the more I do what he says, the more loving and kind I become, the more I persevere, the stronger I get, the wiser I get, my faith becomes stronger and I realize that my purpose is for God and his glory to continue living and shine a light on this dark world. God loves you so much. He is willing to offer you his Grace. When nothing is enough to fill your heart, his is enough.

i was a christian for 17 years,
      I felt like this often, I prayed every night and often for relief or help. Eventually, when it was obvious he wasn't going to do that, I prayed for him to kill me, every day for three years. I prayed for him to kill me.
      I came to the conclusion that he is letting me suffer because he didn't care.
      I'm no longer a Christian,
      I do believe in a god or goddess (Who knows the gender anyway), and an afterlife but I'm not a christian, I was let down for 17 years.

You were going at it all wrong, you can't boss God around. You can't blame God. When you pray, pray guidance, pray for wisdom, pray that you learn to love more, read his Bible and meditate more on verses that are about him and hang out with other Christians. Your problem lies in you. Read Christian self help books.

i agree completely

• I feel exactly the same, but try really hard to cling to the hope that it is feasibly possible it will. Every horrible, useless, painful moment will eventually be balanced by something good. The longer it takes for the good parts... the more amazing they will be.

• I know this feeling so well. Some days I feel hopeless and I feel like there's nothing I can do to make my life better.
    Maybe you should think about the good things in your life, things that you are grateful for. Imagine how your life would be if it wasn't for these things.
    Also think about what you need, what is really important to you.
    Do you have goals? Then, think about them, that way you will be motivated.
    I know it's easier said than done, but you shouldn't lose hope. Keeping fighting, never give up.
    Everyone goes through hard times in their lives, but those hard times are the ones that mean the most for us and makes us stronger.
    So, I believe you're strong person and you'll overcome these hardships. :)

If you need help, feel free to ask me or to message me.

• By finding and spending more time on doing things that I enjoy and look forward to, which helps me shed the negative attitude with a bit of work put into it.

• I've already beaten everything I thought would defeat me before, I'm on a winning streak - why stop now? Gotta keep going and get that high score, dude :)

• There's a point where things are so bad, they can only go better. Hard times help us get tougher and through failures become better. And sometimes we feel weak to get on with whatever we're doing or to face certain difficulties. Support from family and friends is important, when you have people in your life you know they love you no matter what, and a faith that God will help you come out of those times unharmed.

Sometimes what we want isn't what's the best for us. You prayed for God to kill you, that obviously wasn't the best for you. And you prayed for relief and help from depression and hard times, and claimed it didn't make a difference. However, have you thought that if you didn't pray it might have been worse? And faith in God helped you withstand it, it was never more than you could stand. Sometimes hardships serve as a test to someone's faith, but in that case they are never more than a person can stand.

• You can't appreciate being on top till you've been to the bottom. You're at the bottom now so anything from this point on will be a step toward the top. You need a goal in life and go after it. You can do it, things will get better. Personally I think you need to talk to someone whether it be a friend, family member, clergy or a medical professional. You can beat this!

• You keep going until you see hope again. NEVER GIVE UP!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

• I think I've seen you post something like this before, do you go to a college? They have free counselors, people there just to listen to you. If not, can you go to one. It's not right for you to go around feeling hopeless. :/

• Be with someone who motivates you.
    For example, my uncle is really good at it making me feel motivated and work more. If you have someone like that, be around them.

Read books. They help.
    Listen to them, if you are not a reader.

and meanwhile also find what why you lost hope, what's the main problem, etc and then try to come up with solutions.

If it is depression, it might be helpful to see a therapist. I have also heard getting a pet helps; kitten/cat.

• I've felt like this often - especially concearning school and music (hobbies which I took very seriously), and from a very young age - pre teen.
    I say take it one day at a time. It always, and I do mean always, gets better sooner or later.

• The point to keep going is progression. If you don't move, you'd be where you're at. That's not a dynamic life at all. You are more capable of change than you think.

You have to keep going.
    Time is ticking!
    You can't afford losing
    Time for improving
    It's a matter of reaping
    What you are sowing
    If you don't keep going,
    People will still be motivating
    To come out from where you're coming

You are a person of worth and you are capable of moving forward.

https://youtu.be/NGZyEKFn6Cs

• You're so young, life typically feels so overbearing at this age. It slowly gets better. I've been suicidal many times in my life, and you will feel down, you feel worthless. But the feeling is temporary, though it feels eternal.

• I don't know all i know is i am having pizza tonight

• Life itself is worth living. When you lose all hope and your dreams aren't what you were expecting, you find a new dream.

• think like you've hit the bottom.. and you can only go up now

• You just got to keep on going :/ you gotta hit rock bottom to be able to build yourself back up, but that doesn't mean it's easy.
    Do you have a therapist/see anyone about your depression?
    And if you need to talk any time, PM me :)

• After becoming a christian and coming into faith i haven't felt that in like two years. I trust god will look out for me and any hardships i may go through is to grow as a person. So, if i go through hardships i try to look at the situation as a lesson and what can i take from this and how can this help me grow.

i was a christian for 17 years,
      I'm no longer a Christian,

"
      Plus, in order to receive all of gods blessings you have to beleive in jesus , god and everything he did plus repent. "
      I did all that, but I just got worse and worse

Then you didn't beleive.
      Plus it doesn't all come over night. Have you ever asked him to proof his existence cause you want to beleive but have never seen him?
      Ask , keep your heart open and wait it will happen

• That has to come out of you there has to be a purpose in life for you to keep moving. Change your mind set first think positive. Remember life is hard but it is what you make it either good or bad for yourself.

• I don't know. I'm at that stage right now :(

• You remind yourself that what you're going through will pass eventually, and the despair is just depression seeping into your thoughts.

I don't see anyway out of this one.
      I think I've hit a dead end

No, that's your depression talking!

Do you want to talk about what's wrong right now?

• Therapy?
    What I do is I say f*ck it Nuala your life's not that bad, get the hell over it and do something with your life.

• I just do. I hang on to my goals and the things I enjoy in life. I'm taking some tough classes now that make me question my major but I'm not worried. I believe as long as I set my mind on something I can do it.

• Then it means youve reached a point were you have to do something different with your life.

• At that point, I pray.

• I get that, but even though it gets hard you got to keep going and focus on the ones who love you to keep you going

• You just sadly have to, for the people who love you. It's so difficult but you just have to keep going, you don't want to leave them wondering what happened.

• You know, I kind of feel the same way right now... but I'm really trying to just focus on the positive 😊

• More from Girls
    12

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 24

• Many years ago, I worked as a mental health counselor at a community mental health center. My immediate supervisor was herself mentally ill; she was the patient of the psychiatrist who was the CEO of the CMHC. It was reminiscent of Dr. Tarr and Professor Feather. I had worked there for 5 years, loved what I did, and I was very good at what I did. The CEO's presence was enough for my supervisor to keep her craziness under control. One day, when he was gone, my supervisor fired me for insubordination.

I had recently broken up with a girlfriend who I thought was The One for me. I was living 250 miles from home and I was alone. I felt devastated. I thought that all was lost.

As I got in my car and started driving back to my apartment, I reached an intersection which I realized represented a true crossroads in my life. If I turned left. I would go home. If I proceeded straight through the intersection, I could go to apply for unemployment compensation. If I turned right, I could go to the other local CMHC and apply for a job. Impulsively, I turned right.

My interviewer at the new CMHC knew my previous supervisor. He said that if she fired me, that was as good as a letter of recommendation and I was immediately hired. That gave me some time to think about what I was doing. I decided to move back to my hometown. I got a job that was not in the mental health field and it was a very dependable job but I hated it. When a friend suggested that I apply to law school, I merely saw it as a way out of my job but that was sufficient reason and I applied.

I got accepted into law school, moved to Tallahassee, and started law school. I got a job interning in the state legislature and that was the best job I ever had. While working in that job, I met my future wife. When I graduated from law school, I got a legal job in my hometown, got married, and I was on top of the world. That entire chain of events started with me getting fired from my mental health job and then making the right choice when I reached that intersection.

You may not see how your life will improve but you do need to see that many - perhaps most - of the things that "happen to us" in life are set in motion by our own actions. You have choices to make every day and some of those choices will have lasting effects in your life. Be prepared to make the right choices every day and trust that, just as your miseries did not all descend upon you at once, they will be gradually lifted.

PM me whenever you want!

• surround yourself with friend, family and people who are important to you. just being around people who love you remind you how important you are in their lives and can help distract your mind from things going on

• You get through the bad times so you can experience the good times again. When you are depressed, not only do you not believe there are no good times, you feel like you don't deserve any even if they were to happen.

I get that feel sometimes still, I went through a really low ebb of my life a few years ago and sometimes the vestiges of it come back to claw at me, fill my mind with doubts and make me feel like I would be better off not existing.

Talking to my best friend (who understands it very well and still experiences it too) helped a lot. It came to a point where I knew I had no justifiable reason for feeling this way and rationalized it as my mind conspiring against me.

• what in life is so bad?

I've had times like that, great frustration, hopeless... basically you lack control over something. I hit a wall around 30. What happened was my value system did not align with the world... isn't that ironic.

To me, what you just said is you are growing... why... because you just hit a barrier... you know you don't like it, but don't know what to do. So what is next is you will figure out how to change to live and new worlds open up for you... and when you do, you will live better than before, or see things differently.

For me, I had to discover religion, it was the right time and motivator to do so at age 30. I had ignored it all my life, I didn't need it, I was fine... until I realized I wasn't, that the world is corrupt. I read "Religion for Dummies". I was drawn to Jesus out of all of that, but I looked at other things. The more I study and think about what Jesus did the more I say he's God and the most brilliant. He solved the core human problems we all harbor. The Bible is genius if you can see it the right way.

Either way, it is time to stop trying to change the past, not worry about the future and learn to love yourself. Discard poison relationships, welcome new ones that are good. Get counseling if you really feel down and out of control. That helped me a lot recently.

Life changes every 10 years or so, and you have to change with it. As long as it doesn't change too fast, you can adapt if you are flexible.

I met a guy at the gym years ago who said "I just won a weight lifting contest, I achieved all my goals... I have nothing to live for. At the time, there was a risk I'd die of a heart issue. I didn't know what to say to him... not long after I found out he killed himself, he had no hope for life... what a waste. I had heart surgery and survived."

Find a new purpose in life, there is one, you have value and you cna make a difference in peoples lives... maybe even charge for it, or maybe it is free. But you can make a difference... and that is worth living for.

• You just have to find that thing in your life that is new to you and that is exciting. I know man sometimes we will work hard for something and we end up failing,. Sometimes we don't always get the results that we want, but that doesn't mean you should give up. No one has ever succeeded over night or even a couples of days. And I know its hard at times to feel that motivation or that fire that makes you wanna get up in the morning out of bed or to go to a destination but you can't give up. Do whatever it is that you wanna do that if that's being a soccer player then go pursue it or a MMA fighter or rocket scientist it doesn't matter its your life not anybody elses. And I know that its hard to get that drive with a promising light at the end of the tunnel when life can be very unpredictable. You could get a disease, car accident, have a loved one die and lose hope but at least trying to do something you love and failing is better than doing nothing and living with regret.

• Give yourself a break, man. You don't have to have this whole thing figured out at 21.

The point of going forward is that people care about you. You matter. And if you keep on fighting, it will get better someday.

Have you been able to speak with a counselor? That's the first step I'd take.

• Perhaps you'll feel better if you try to help other peoples lives better you can realize a lot about yourself and find value in what you can be.

Next you see a friend ask them if they're ok or try and relate to them, it's cliche but it works and helps put your life into something gaming is the easiest, but don't end you life be like me and try to do what you want while you wait for the end

• I have been through financial hard times, emotional hard times, social hard times, family hard times, etc.

Keeping my focus on the large goal, and keeping in mind my current situation is temporary, is what got me through those rough times.

• We can't answer that question for you. That is something you have to decide for yourself. You can either be sad or try and be optimistic of the future. I meam there is always Pizza to look forward too!

• I kept on fighting until I saw the hope again

• 0|1
  • Seek out or make some friends. That will help. Find something to live and get up everyday for.

• You just have to keep going man. When you're dead you won't have a second chance, so might aswell try to make the most of this life

• im trying to figure out myself man.

• “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
    ― J. K. Rowling

• Just remember the times of happiness
    They might stroke at a any time

• In case you can't find a rope
    https://i.imgflip.com/xhpk1.jpg

• Because it's the only direction you can go unless you want to die.

• By not being a bitch

• Girls don't want you?

• You keep going.

• Dude no one gives a fuck. Seriously. We all have problems.

• Get some Salvia or bath salts and smoke it. .. O. o (I'm totally going to hell for this...) ... but I'm not a doctor, so I don't have to really take care of people. I can be immature and give my thoughts...