Did you fantasize about marriage growing up?

I didn't.

by the way I'm putting this in "other" rather than "marriage & weddings" bc people in "marriage and weddings" may be biased towards "yes" lol

• never, I cringed at the thought
  • never
  • once or twice
  • a few times
  • sometimes
  • often
  • all the time
2mo Was it a positive feeling?
2mo Update

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol when I was five I didn't want to because I thought my wife would yell at me to give her my pay check😂😂

Most Helpful Girl

• As a child, my mother often left the TV on murder mystery shows, Dominick Dunne, Forensic Files, you name it, I've seen most of them. With Mr. Dunne's shows Power, Privilege, and Justice-there were a lot of episodes on husbands killing wives for money. So, I thought men were violent and you had to pick a good one because if you made your husband mad, there was a chance he would kill you-I couldn't understand that maybe those people were bad to begin with, I thought murder was something a large percentage of adults did if they were greedy or angry enough. So, when I did day dream about marriage-it was at night after an especially grizzly episode, and I'd have my little head on my pillow and wonder "how will I know if he will murder me or not? I have to get a Really good one"

What Guys Said 48

• I used to think about marriage when I was younger. Originally, I wanted to have children with the woman that I truly loved. Because of my whole entire single life of having no girlfriends nor intimacy (not by choice), I do not bother with love nor marriage anymore. I am perfectly fine with my single life but adding some lust and casual flings would hopefully at least make my life more interesting.

I am just going to enjoy my single social life of learning new things, partying, making some more friends (I already have a bunch), working hard and smart, making money, and exploring the world.

• You know... I did. I met this girl on the first day of 3rd grade and I thought she was fantastic. We are still friends. Anyway, she lived near a wooded area although I lived near a different wooded area. I would often dream of just shacking up with her in a treehouse near the woods by her house. These were not sexual thoughts at all, but just kid fantasies of my just wanting to be with her. I always was homespun and a homebody.

• I've fantasized about it all the time. As of late though I've been slowly turned away from the whole franchise - I don't know whether it's worth it, considering I stand to lose a lot. That and I doubt I'll ever find anyone anyway lol

• Not really marriage, but ever since I was like 12 or 13 I've been dreaming of finding a sweet girl to be my true love. I'm just a hopelessly romantic boy at heart I guess.

• All the time, because i want to be a better father and have a better home than i was ever given.

• Yes... and about what I'd name my kids. I think it was partially because I liked/grew up watching romantic movies. Once I was old enough.. started dating... I found out how much of a LIE it all was.

• The only time I "fantasized" about marriage was right after I attended my uncle's boring wedding. I wasn't really fantasizing about my marriage, I was just thinking about how I would never bore my guests like he did. My wedding might have rock music at the ceremony and some pyrotechnics. Or maybe a ton of sex appeal from my wife and people just party to some Satanic stuff.

• The thought crossed my mind every once in a while, but it wasn't something I necessarily dreamed about.

• I thought when I was small that I would find someone by the time I was around 20 or 21. But my answer changed over time as the years passed because I started to realize that maybe I'm not meant to marry. On top of that, people find me rude and I love that.

• I am sure I must have fantasized about being married and what it would be like to have my own kids to boss around as a child. I don't know the exact count, but I am sure it must have been at least a few times anyway.

Just my opinion

• Option D is a fair answer - A few times

• I always thought it was going to be the first girl I met when I was three years old. It changed when got to 5th grade.

• no, never and i never will.

• Who didnt? I loved thinking about marrying a beautiful woman, raising a strong family and sharing all my love with a special lady!

• same as MusicLover8098. Just finding a true love is good enough, no need for a ceremony or marriage

• Growing up was rough years being bullied , dealing with family problems never thought about marriage, now i got older it seems to come across my mind often.

• all the time

• Yup. Still do

• No. Have only recently thought about marriage at all. Decided it wasn't worth it in the long run.

• nope, definitely nothing I've done

• Yeah I did, all the time.

• yes, all the time

• Nope, I was too busy being a 90s kid to worry about marriage.

• I fantasized about a lot of things but that wasn't one of them.

• Back when I was naïve enough to believe love existed. Now I know better.

• Yes, but I don't anymore.

• Once or twice probably, but pratically never.

• Well, I voted 'a few times' only because growing up is not something till I clearly defined; till 13, I didn't bother about girls, then I started and at 16, I started developing crushes and yes, against certain cases, I have fantasised marriage.

• I do that all the time for sure.

• not as much as i used to

• More from Guys
    18

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 54

• I always fantasize about being married. It's something I really hope will happen someday. Funny thing though I've hardly thought about my wedding. I have a wedding board on pinterest, but honestly I'll probably skip all of that stuff and just have a quick ceremony.

• I definitely did. I didn't so much fantasize about the wedding day, but more the marriage aspect of it. Like what would my husband be like, where we would live, and how he would treat me. Those sorts of things.

• I don't know if I'd say that I 'fantasized' about it. I have known that I do want to share my life with someone who I love and care about for as long as I can remember, though.

• As a child until around pre-teen age? Yes.

Then not again until around my late teens.

Now though, it's been less and less on my mind as I get older. I'd rather just find a stable partner. I'm actually not sure if I want to be married...

• I actually never did, like not at all. One time in elementary school I was playing with some other kids that we were princesses and the princes had to chase us and once they caught us we'd be married to them but that was about it 😂

• All the time... still do lol
    I mean, I wrote a take about it lmao
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a31139-15-things-i-look-forward-to-being-as-a-future-wife

• ALL. THE. TIME.

Now I mainly imagine myself taking care of my children and loving my husband. The marriage itself is more important to me than the wedding. When I get married I want something small, simple and personal. I definitely don't want something for hundreds of people to show up just so I can show off. I want to celebrate our love with only those that means the most to the both of us.

• I don't think so. I don't even want to think about that,

• I voted always but I didn't just sit and plan my wedding like a little weirdo.

But I've always wanted to be married. That dream is slowly fading though, as did all my other dreams :)

• Yes I did and I still do.

• Literally never in my life have I fantasized about getting married. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't want to get marries.

• Yes, all the time

• Yes. Often who, where, what to wear, what our song would be, silly stuff etc. . a lot of it was just engrained in by my parents. But I still think about it. 💟

• First time I remotely thought about marriage was when I was 21 and the last time I thought about it was 23. That will probably not happen again for a long while

• I think it's normal to fantasize about marriage, especially a teenage girl as we're influenced by fairy tale - prince and dreamy marriage in a beautiful park, white horse, near a beach yada yada.. but being a grown up, most people usually realistic, big wedding need bigger cash.. so... as long it's with my love one, that would be greattt, doesn't matter how small the wedding will be ;p

• I never fantasized about marriage. And I still don't.
    I can't see myself married and I don't want to get married.

• Marriage? Yes. Kids? Good lord no.

• Only because people in my society always make it seem like it's the ultimate life goal: get married, have kids. Then you're a fulfilled Person.

• I hope to get married before 30, but not anytime soon lol

• Nah, never gave much thought to a marriage or a wedding.

• I never did. I never even believed in marriage.. and im now engaged hahah.
    We probably won't ever technically officiate it though. Just cause the business of marriage is kinda a scam

• From a very young age I always knew I was a lesbian and obviously that was frowned upon in 2002 onwards so no I didn't. Although, when I was 6 me and my boyfriend at the time pretended to get married in the school playground haha

• A. #CRINGE.

good idea putting it in 'other'.

• Boys were yucky :P

• I used to at some point back when I was 8, after that not as much. Before age 8, didn't even think about marriage, lol.

• Oh yes! like ever since I was 6 or 7 I was thinking about marriage and already planning out stuff for my future kids like what toys I would buy them, or what I would name them etc etc. And I still think this way.

• All the time as a little kid.
    Now though, the idea of marriage kind of scares me.

• Not even once.
    The whole concept isn't exciting.
    I fantasized about wearing a tight black leather lingerie like suit being a bad ass warrior fighting in futuristic time with my guns and katana.

• I didn't start thinking about marriage until I was older, mainly because I didn't know what it was. But I dreamed about finding my soulmate! I still have that dream lol.

• Never

• More from Girls
    24