Do you keep a diary?

Just wondering? Like is it weird to keep a diary as an adult? Wanted to see if anyone else does because I'm thinking of starting one.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a diary. It's a hardcover sketchbook but I write /list/plan/sketch etc there/ So it's a mixture of all things.

This is actually what I'm thinking of doing too. It's basically a great excuse to draw something new everyday.

Yup, :)

What Girls Said 10

• No, @gbjackalope, not 'Weird to keep a diary as an adult.'
    My grandma Did for many Years here, dear, and when She passed Away one Day, my younger Sibling took her Bag full of Memories and Memoirs so she could Read what Grandma wanted Us to Know after she would Go.
    I had a few Diaries myself as a teen. However, when mom read some lines One time, I stopped Writing in a Diary and Began years later to Write.. Plays Instead.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• No, because I'm not too fond about the idea of keeping a diary. I prefer having a planner and a binder with lifestyle tips and organization. I know they're both totally different but one is significantly more helpful than the other. I don't see the point of writing about everyday, I mean I find it very random. To not sound like a mainstream girl, I like the idea of having a diary only if it has creative writing, meaning if it has stories inspired by your thoughts and experiences for example, which I don't have the passion to do.

• Helll nah.. just write a book or blog

• nope... its risky

• Nah, I don't. I tried a few times when I was younger. I never kept up with it.

• Nope, I couldn't keep one without going crazy with it.

• Not every day... I just write things down every now and then when I feel like it

• no i dont

• Yes I do keep a journal. .. and its totally fine to keep it... :-)

• I didn't used to , but I do now. I started keeping one after i went through a sad time. I just wrote down my honest thoughts and feelings , and a couple of inspirational quotes to encourage me to think more positive

It really helped me. Now I keep more of a general diary. I write down important events that happen. Plus my feelings and thoughts too

What Guys Said 12

• I keep one. I was a bit paranoid about my "manhood" when I was 19 so I called it a log. Writing things down helps you to process your day and consider things you might not have thought about, you can also go back and read your logs to get a sense of who you were.

• No, but I have a very good memory, so I never forget the important things that happen or even some random ordinary things. I remember the day, month, year and even day of the week.

• No but I keep a checklist of things to do, and things not to do when and how.

• I think it is cool to keep a diary, I kept one for years as an adult

• nope, never have

• Dear Diary,
    NO!

• i keep a pink my little pony diary :p
    srsl no
    but why no just put it in your pc with password

• No, but I'm going to start.

• little Wayne doesn't write I don't write

• Never Had One

• no. that's gay as an adult.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more