What does a person do to make them a 'shit talker'?

The title of this question is self-explanatory, however, I have another question to go along with it. Do you think that I am a 'shit talker' because I expressed my emotions?

I found that my boyfriend had been lying to me. A friend of mine, who I have known for years, was the person who cheered me up when I was upset about it. I talked to him about the situation, my boyfriend and pretty much what all happen. I did not say anything bad about my boyfriend. Nothing like: "I hate him, he's an asshole, all he does is lie." I pretty much told him how I felt, which was I was upset. To find out, my friend went to talk to my boyfriend, telling me that he was going to end up losing me if he doesn't straighten up. Upset, my boyfriend told me, and said I was a shit talker because of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you're not a shit talker.

While to some degree it's best to try to resolve stuff inside your relationship, there are limits.

Anyone who is paranoid about you not talking about your relationship likely knows they'll look bad. They know they can rage and insist they're reasonable to you, but they know other people will see them as the bad party.

So fuck them. Seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well he was likely upset because the guy you talked to was another man, let's be serious.

A lot of people in relationships expect you to not take your issues outside of the confines of that relationship (as unrealistic as that is) and he likely assumed that all you did was sit there and tell him what a piece of shit he is.

To me a shit talker is somebody who basically talks one sided, venomous slander about other people.

What Guys Said 3

• In this case I don't think your a shit talker. Effects of shit talker are basically things to get drama. Maybe your boyfriend thinks that you seeking solace he's doing that but really he's the one who started the drama.

• Your boyfriend was caught out and thrown blame around to cover himself.

• If typing a lot is shit than yes shit talk is your speciality

What Girls Said 1

• That's called venting and is fine.