Do you think cheaters should be exposed to the public?

I love the videos people put up of themselves exposing their cheating SOs. I believe in public shaming to the fullest and hate people who cheat. I also believe strongly that people need to know the truth. I'm good at lurking on profiles and finding information across different sites. I'm going to school for journalism to eventually be a reporter as well. Maybe, sometime down the line I would definitely work for a show like Cheaters. Not only would I be helping my community by exposing the truth, but I would be doing something I love too.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with doxing (https://en. m. wikipedia. org/wiki/Doxing)
    is that there are legitimate reasons for someone to hide themselves. And once information is released there is no controlling others behaviors. Lets say you dox a cheater, and he/she becomes killed because of your efforts? Certainly there is an element of blame that you carry. Think about journalistic ethics, and how they could be applied to this area.

^^ And the repercussions might, ironically, be even worse for the INNOCENT spouse/partner, in terms of pure shame.

In LOTS of social circles, the negatives that would redound to **the person cheated on** would be equal to -- or even greater than -- the shame visited on the cheater her- or himself.

Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha sometimes those shows are funny but sometimes its hard to determine how much is reality and how much is scripted... but to each there own even if they are dirtballs they are still human also so I believe public shame should only go so far before it becomes harassment or slander

What Guys Said 20

• No, absolutely not. Public shaming is a dirty, childish remnant of American puritanism and I don't believe that puritanism has ever helped the world or American society in any way.

• So where does it end? I mean why stop at cheating, why not expose people for saying hurtful things, or throwing a plate at you during a fight or for throwing a tantrum when you don't answer some insignificant text for a couple of hours, or for not answering that text, or for lying about how much those shoes cost, etc... ?

• Lol, why would anyone in the public even care about who fucks whom

It's already ridiculous that the Islamists throw rocks at each other

It's not really about the people caring, but making sure the cheater gets the humiliation they deserve for the emotional distress they've caused the other person.

They don't deserve humiliation because this isn't really the public's concern.

• Absolutely not. While I do not condone cheating, public humiliation is far worse and no one deserves to have their private life thrown into the public. How would you feel if a guy got back at you by revealing explicit photos or videos of you to the public?

Cheating hurts, but that is a problem for the relationship alone. Now if he was a sexual predator, then yes everyone deserves to know about it because that is a a matter of safety.

I've thought of that and that's exactly why I never take compromising photos of myself nor do anything that people could use to throw me under the bus. I'm careful, I think ahead and I'm always cautious.

I just feel cheaters need to be punished for the unnecessary emotional distress and grief they cause the other person. It's not fair really. They get off Scott free because they never cared in the first plsce, yet the other person will be scarred. Something needs to be done.

People cheat for a several reasons, so it doesn't mean they don't care. It's wrong regardless of their reason, but a person who doesn't care wouldn't waste their time on a relationship. Those who do care would end up alone in the end or consumed by the guilt. That's not a way anyone wants to leave this life.

• Read Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, THEN ask this question.

• Cheaters exposed to the public would serve no valid purpose. That is like having a warning label on tobacco and alcohol. Yeah it is there, but if someone really wants it they would ignore the warning.

Just my opinion

• Yes, they're scum and should feel like scum.

• Nope, cheaters are scum and they should definitely be called out on it. Maybe revenge from the one cheated on or karma will bite them in the ass.

• In most cases I would say no that's a little harsh, but there would definitely be instances where it would be acceptable

• why do u care did he cheat on u
    keep yourself from people buisness
    he / she cheated and what
    does it hurt u in any way

• Yes I loev those videos too and yes I agree they should.

• Yes they should be socially shamed everywhere in the world...

• no hun doesn't work like that

• Nope

• Yeah... that would be cool :)

• No, not necessary at all.
    But I think nothing wrong to tell your friends though.

• I think there are worst atrocities than cheating.
    Also, shows like Cheaters are stupid television and should never be taken seriously. It's like Maury and Steve Wilkos and that's garbage

• No, karma's a bitch all by itself!

• I think it is enough when the friends circle know about it

• Absolutely public shaming is a necessary tool to adjust the attitude of immoral people ie cheater, sluts and fatties all need shaming.

What Girls Said 5

• yes they deserve it

• Did you ever consider that it's none of your business?

I did at one point but I mean, they're bad people anyway, so why not? Beaides, if people contact me about exposing their cheating SOs then I have to help them out.

You better be careful... what goes around comes around. And I don't see people contacting you for that. You are probably sticking your nose in where it don't belong.

• no need for that

• They should be named and shamed 😝😆

• People get stoned for it in some countries. Do you really want to go back to that?