Is anyone scared of police officers?

From the stories I've heard and my own experiences, I'm absolutely terrified of police. Whenever I'm near an officer I get shaky and nervous and I feel as if I'm walking on eggshells. Any little thing I do could possibly be perceived as a threat.

Anyone else have this fear?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• No because I think One very powerful thought when a cop is around; How can that Cop have sex with a Platypus? It's an Odd mental image. So I always have this look when dealing with them vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest It throws them off. I've had friends tell me they feel like they just farted, when I look at them like that. And I imagine that's what the cop is thinking too! Thinking of them in that context takes the fear out of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even when I'm abiding by the law and doing no wrong, yeah I get nervous.

Not because I'm of the impression police men and women are Bad People or anything, just because im convinced they'll know I stole that pen from the Scholastic Book fair in 5th grade.

Or they'll know I have 2 paid off speeding tickets just from looking at me.

Or that I drank before i was legally able.

I just think of all the bad, illegal things I've done in my past and my brain tells me they know and so I get all freaked. 😂

What Guys Said 23

• intimidated by yes, and that is their intent. they are part of the power structure so the workers stay at the bottom and the rest feeds off ofus. they keep us under control in the power system. not saying it is good.

years ago we used to laugh at them because they ate donuts in coffee shops. the image is different now.

• No, but then I'm not black.

• I've been pulled over for speeding when I wasn't, got so aggressive with the cop that he called in two backups. Had his hand on his gun, other officers had hands on their tasers and spray. I'd have still slammed the door open and kicked his ass if he wouldn't have backed off.

No power hungry little bitch is ever going to intimidate me.

• I only get that when I am driving and a cop has been following me
    The other day a police officer was tailgating me for about 3 min
    That's never happened to me before, I thought he was going to pull me over, but I made it to the parking lot and he sped off.

• They do have a lot of power which can feel intimidating, but ultimately they are being paid to protect you. Unless you're committing a crime, there are very few officers that would want to bother you or cause you harm.

Developing a negative stereotype about police officers is the negative consequence of this recent movement. It's the same phenomenon or form off prejudice that affected black people or any other negatively stereotyped group. Typically the position with the most support becomes the prominent narrative.

Very few cops would want to harm you though. Almost all of them want and take pride in protecting you.

• I completely chill in front of any officer...

And by the way in my country there are no stupid people who employ other stupid people who can't do anything without killing and shooting anyone... like in America

• Well it's unfortunate, and yea it makes sense to be scared cuz they can kill you and pretty much get away with it. I used to get that shaky feeling too, and i once literally trembled like hell😅i had to force myself to stop shaking

• nope. police brutality isn't a thing here

• I'm not. My grandpa was one. I was a security guard at the probation office a few years ago and I had regular interactions with cops. And I've applied and interviewed to be one a few times.

• No. I don't do illegal shit, so I have no reason to be scared.

• No, not particularly. Then again, where I live the police are not armed with guns.

• I can see how a black person can feel that in the US - Fortunately in the Republic of Ireland, police discrimination is not a big issue.

I believe that Ireland is the best place on earth now

@Dimmu Thank you for your compliments of your country - I have heard good things about Egypt, hopefully things will settle politically and it can become a great tourist country again.

Thank you

• You shouldn't be. And it is sad that too many people are propagandized that way. But that is the socialist Marxist agenda at work.

• What do you think they're going to do to you? What have they done to you in the past? They don't go around randomly brutalising people for no reason, and if you do have an interaction with you, you should cooperate.

• I'm a black guy, and I'm not.
    I've had some "run ins," if you could call it that, with them and nothing happened.
    They asked for ID, I gave it, we spoke calmly and I went on my way.
    No problems.
    I tell people
    -be calm,
    -don't aggravate the situation.
    -and fuck your rights, they have guns!!! :D

• very much, cops freak me out.

• Nah. I'm not scared

• Nope, I have no reason to be afraid of them.

• sometimes

• No, only dined nuffin are scared of police officers.

• Yeah, I feel the same. Police make me nervous, I'm sure they're always looking for an excuse to beat the shit out of someone

• no as long as they are nice to me. I know most of them here and am in positive with them

• Since I was a kid, I never saw them as being there to help. I am a US citizen. I am black, have no criminal record and a graduate degree, but I have been treated like a suspect too many times...

What Girls Said 17

• Not scared but definitely uncomfortable.

• They make me extremely uncomfortable. The last encounter I had with a cop, I was a passenger in a car. My friend was driving. She's a white female and I still was scared when I saw the lights.

• nope... i mostly can't stand the arrogant behavior of some of them

• Nah, I know the cops of my town by name. If I went to minneapolis or something and got pulled over, I'd be a little wary.

• 0|0
  • I'm usually attracted to them for some reason. Oh and soldiers as-well.

• I'm not.

• Not unless I'm doing something wrong... which I'm usually not.

• Yup. I don't know why, I'm like the most goody-too-shoes person ever, but with everything that has happened recently, definitely more scared than protected that's for sure. I aways feel like even the littlest thing can get me in trouble and that makes me super paranoid.

• I'm so innocent-looking.

• I am not

• I'm not a criminal, so there is no reason for me to be scared of them.

• not really

• Nope.

• Generally, no. But considering how many of them are proving to be incompetent and too jittery to have a lethal weapon in reach; I tend to avoid them at all costs and make my interactions with them very brief. Some of them are honestly bullies and sociopaths given permission to be as physical, deadly, inappropriate, and unjust as they please and based on what’s been shown repeatedly, their own government won’t even stop them.

• Not at all

• Yes. In my area, there are lots of whispering about some of them being rapists. They pull women over for a traffic violation, then abuse her

So yeah, I'm pretty scared of cops right now :(