My friend wants this tattoo, what do you think?

I know its not my tattoo and not my body but the reason I don't want him to get it is because it looks like a Nazi swastika. It's not. It's actually a Hindu swastika and it doesn't have the same meaning. But... it still looks like a nazi symbol.
If you put them side by side then yeah there are differences but I feel like a lot of people don't know the Hindu swastika even exists and the first thing they are going to think is nazi. He said that the dots make it obvious that it's a different symbol. I'm just trying to look out for him lol. But i obviously don't have a say in what he puts on his own body. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• NOT a good idea. Even if it does have a different meaning, the assumptions people have about him could get him into trouble if not serious danger (depending on where you live)

Most Helpful Guy

• Except it is not nazi, it is Hindu... look it up
    I think it's a good idea : fuck what other people think

What Girls Said 10

• I think he may just like trolling people. I'm sure the fact that it's similar to the nazi symbol even though it isn't is part of his agenda with it. He'll use it to educate people and make them feel dumb if they truly have a problem with it. But honestly that sort of would make him an asshole. If he truly cared about what it stood for, then he would choose from a plethora of other symbols that have the same meaning.

• His meaning of it and what others will think when they see are 2 different things. Unless he plans on getting a description paragraph tatted underneath of it, I don't think it's the best idea for a tattoo. People are going to see it and automatically assume the worst. And in today's world, that's the least if his worries.

• He ought to pick another Hindu symbol which can't be easily misinterpreted. Eastern religions and philosophies are beautiful.

• Thanks to nazi's that symbol has been ruined. Now most assume you like nazi's if you have it on you.

• it's ugly what's the point

• He will have a lot of bad attention because of it.

• NUUUUU... It does look like the nazi symbol...

• Tell your friend to get it somewhere that can be covered up and don't get too big.

• Bad idea. Even though there are differences and they have different meanings not everyone will know that. All people are going to see is someone with a swastika tattoo and assume he is racist and a nazi. This could lead to unwanted attention and trouble for your friend.

What Guys Said 9

• Not many people will see it as something different from Hitler's guild emblem xD
    He'll get judged for sure, by MANY people

• so... because the nazis used the symbol, it's banned forever?

i'd be much more concerned about a star of david tattoo... the symbol of zionism. zionists make the nazis look like bambi.

and it's his body, control freak much?

I said twice "I know it's his body"
      I'm just saying my PERSONAL opinion on it. I never said I was going to completely stop him from getting it.

no it wasn't. because of the dots.

Thank you. That's all I wanted to know

• It's risky, that's for sure. He should have a long and hard think about it before he decides to go through with it

• I though the Hindu symbol was reversed or angled differently. But maybe not

It is. The Nazi symbol is angled so the shape is more like a Diamond if you outlined it. While this symbol is more of a square shape, if that makes sense.

• It looks like a great tattoo. And tell them to also raise the arm directly in front of them and yell out "hail hitler!"

• if he really wants it
    make it small as possible in not visible place
    maybe his butt :p

• If you likes it then No problem at all Don't think about others

By the way its holy sign in Hinduism

• If he really wants it tell him to do temporarry one. it is something you don't want to see everyday

• hahahaha
    satanic symbol on his or her body GOOD LUCK
    i wouldn't recommend it