Do you bother celebrating 6 month anniversaries?

Do you bother celebrating 6 month anniversaries?

1|0
11|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Anniversaries are annual as the name indicates.

anniversarius ‎(“returning yearly”), from vertere ‎(“to turn”), + annus ‎(“year”).

A 6-month period is called "Semiannual"

I celebrate anniversaries, but not semiannuals, nor monthly commemorations

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't had anything that lasted that long to begin with. But if I had, I wouldn't celebrate that with them, but I'd buy myself a cold beer anyway.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• No, we don't. It's been almost five years now, celebrating every 6 months seems a little much :P We did celebrate our first six months together but that was partially because it was also the month where we both celebrated our sixteenth birthdays so we were just on a celebration streak then :P

0|0
    0|0
  • In the first year, yes. It's like a mini milestone. After that, nah. It's kind of pointless.

P. S. I miss you kid! Someone's gonna be able legally drink sooooon!

0|1
    0|0
  • Heck no lol! That's too much, yearly is better and it makes it more special if we do it less often.

0|1
    0|0
  • That gif. xD Haha, nah, I wouldn't worry about six months together as much as another year together.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. It seems stupid.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. We only celebrate it annually, but it's not over the top. Just a cheap and small gift.

0|1
    0|0
  • What are anniversaries? 😱

1|0
    0|0
  • hahahah I don't even notice.

0|1
    0|0
  • No lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate anniversaries.
    Plus anniversarius ‎means “returning yearly"...

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I kinda roll my eyes about it but my wife did that the first 2 years of dating then was like forget it haha.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the first year I reckon people might do one, two and six month anniversary but after first year couples don't

0|1
    0|0
  • "6 month anniversaries" don't exist.
    I don't celebrate things that don't exist

1|1
    0|0
  • I celebrate the FIRST six months, but after that I don't.

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought an anniversary was per year celebration of something.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

That's what I went off of but apparently some people especially in the first year of their relationship, they start celebrating 1 month...6 month etc.

• 2mo

If I'm being honest, I've had the dinner out for every month being together, within the first few months of dating. I think it's fine. But yeah, I definitely agree n saving the presents for more significant occasions, including actual anniversaries lol

• No, that's dumb.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe the first year in a relationship but not any years after that.

0|1
    0|0
  • no they are stupid
    but girls want 6 months , 1 year , 2 year
    first sex
    first kiss
    first anal
    anniversary :p

0|0
    1|0
  • no that's stupid.

0|1