What intimidates you?

I recently heard a girls tell me she had a class full of guys so she decided to drop the class, because since it was all guys she thought it would be hard. Which begs the question what intimidates you?

I get intimidated by rollercoasters, they're still scary to me by once I go on one then I can go on all of them :)

Most Helpful Girl

• public speaking... i mean, i can if i have to, but i don't enjoy it.

What Girls Said 16

• Scares or intimidates?
    Intimidates - I'm not sure... have yet to come across it.

Scares - the depths of the ocean - that aren't see through so when I'm swimming above I have no idea what's below me. But I still do it. It's good exercise in controling your fear.

I agree about the ocean part. Can you imagine swimming over the Mariana Trench and thinking that there's over 36,000 feet of water below? Who knows what is lurking below!

@redeyemindtricks, it has to do with the fact that I'm able to look up at the sky and see what's up there - the sky, birds, clouds, the sun... it's so calming.

With the ocean, you don't know what's lurking below you several miles down. Just the thought of not being able to see what's down there with that much water below you is unnerving.

Besides, Jaws terrified me growing up. Lol.

@BeerFarts gotcha.

interestingly, for me it was always the other way around... the sky was always, like, RIGHT THERE.
      No matter how scary the stuff in the ocean might have been, I was always secure in my knowledge that the scary ocean stuff would... like... STAY in the ocean. lol.

• People who are super intelligent. I am an educated and clever girl but I get intimidated by people who have super duper knowledge about everything and they are not boasting or bragging but actually have the genuine knowledge.

• For me, I believe it is People Online who Wish to be a Problem Behind the "Computer Curtain."
    Good luck and Good question, @cchris989, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• Large animals, except horses. Have you ever stood near a cow? they're like huge! They could run you over easily.

• I know for me, despite the fact that I'm not 10 by far... American society has done a pretty good job of having us woman feel kind of like objects. The other day for instance I walk into a gas station to get gas, and a guy looks at me and says "mmm mmm mm" No fucking thank you... i'm not food first of all. Secondly I was in the Navy, Men really do not realize how intimidating it can be for a woman... we don't think "omg these men are going to have wonderful conversations with me and I will learn so much!" Nope we pretty much anticipate either being sized up as an object, or cut down to fit the social stigma of being a woman.

• My boss.
    My mom.
    People I respect at the highest levels.

• Lots of males --but that intimidates me in a good way ;P Same goes for tall men.

• the sky

• Nothing 😊

• The size of the universe and by extension the meaninglessness of everything.

Yes everything is vanity

Meaning comes from within... if you find everything meaningless it's because you're out of touch with your true self. Look at children for the reality of what I'm saying. For me it's them (and people young at heart) who are in touch with reality

allow me to provide some reassurance. You wouldn't think that a six-foot man was necessarily more important than a five-foot man, so why should size alone make a galaxy more important than a human life?

• I think nothing

• I dislike..
    Large crowds
    Touchy strangers
    Not so much intimidated

• Walking alone in the dark. Terrifies me!

• Men and technology.

• The first thought that does come to mind are guys, becuase we've grown up in a such a system since day one of humanity that guys lead, guys are smarter, guys do this and that, and women barely had much of a role, except to support whatever the man does. Sometimes I avoid looking at men sometimes.

I honestly can't blame the girl who dropped out, not to say that the course would be hard, but maybe becuase she would not be able to contribute to the class as much as the guys would, especially if it's a field that guys normally go to. Plus, it's the idea that maybe guys would expect her to perform poorly since she's the only female there.

It breaks my heart when a girl tells me stuff like this, I feel like the only solution would be for all men to leave so that women can finally feel safe.

It gets annoying sometimes, but it also says something about myself, becuase If I let a certain group intimidate me, then, I'm not yet confident or content with myself, and that's something I have to work on.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 6

• 0|0
  • Anything new or unfamiliar and the potential of being perceived negatively.

• Probably walking at the station alone since I've been mugged and bashed by c*nts before. Bad memories I guess

Oh wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Good attitude to have.

Yea true I guess that's what I did after I bought everything I lost again

• I dislike crowds - Not so much intimidated as I feel socially uncomfortable in crowds

• high places
    new people
    rejection
    ...

• Girls scare me. I can barely not piss my pants talking to one