Lied about smoking weed?

My boyfriend doesn't want me smoking weed. I have never done it. But I told my friend that I had and he told my best friend and now im told her that I have as well. All my friends have smoked and so I just wanted to fit in. If we ever smoke together they are going to expect me to know how and I don't know how, tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your health is more important than fitting in. Just say you don't feel like it or you like doing it in private. Something like that. Don't get yourself into smoking, please. Or find a new group of friends who don't smoke or make you feel like you have to.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are between the ages of 18 to 24 years old. Why are you still trying to prove anything to people? Lies don't do anything but make people think you're something you're not, and that COULD get you in trouble. Lies just build up until they get worse, especially when you have to remember lying to each person about the same thing.

If you don't smoke weed, you just don't smoke weed. Why is that a bad thing or something to hide?

It's not at all. I shouldn't have but everyone at my college smokes so not doing it you are considered "overly conservative or goody goody"

Then own that!
      I don't do drugs, I rarely drink and people often say to me "you must be fun" or "learn ho to have fun". And I don't care because they don't know me. If they want to label me a goody goody, then that's their patheticness.

If you don't want to do it, then don't, if you do want to then just do it and why lie. And if you really are too embarrassed about admitting the truth, just tell them you aren't doing it anymore, you're respecting your partner etc. If they pressure you, they're hardly friends.

@bbch25 ahh thank u that is perfect! I really appreciate this, thank u so much

What Guys Said 3

• Take small hits and space them out by ten minutes cause the first time hits you hard. The bigger the hit the more you'll cough.

• If you want to try weed, try it, it won't be the end of the world. Just don't do it to "fit in", that's ridiculous.

• Come on just be honest and tell them that it was a joke or something.

I was really serious when I said it tho

What Girls Said 3

• Trust me you'll stick out really easily if you smoke with them it takes a while to get used to it. But smoking isn't all that good so if you don't want to all the better and just don't smoke it. That's what's better for you and that's what your boyfriend wants so why do you even want to smoke? Just to fit in? Don't do that.

• Don't lie and just pass. You don't need to smoke weed to be cool.

• I'll take a guess and say that you turned 18 not too long ago... so WHY are you trying to say lies to make yourself look "cool?" This isn't high school anymore where you need to brag about chugging an entire bottle of beer or telling everyone how lit the parties you throw are. Just grow up, own up to it and say that it was a joke and you were just messing around. Already into adulthood and people like you have the mentality of 15 year olds who think their so "cool" making petty lies like this to look popular.