Why the hell are now people speaking of "Instagram celebrities"?

I mean, I find the whole "celebrities" concept pretty absurd on itself, but I can see why a movie director or a banker or a politician or some shit like that can become famous, by always appearing on the news.

I was shocked when I started noticing YouTube was mutating from a website where people put pretty much spoof and candid camera babies and puppies to a popularity contest.

Now this. I am not on it, but I don't think there is anything wrong with what is basically a huge online shared database, but man people seems to be obsessed with the idea of those who are "followed". I mean, I can see why very attractive persons can see this as a quick way into modelling, but I am still very confused about those who follow them in the first place! It's not like it is entertaining to keep staring at some strangers pics of event that you have never been part of!

1|0
2|4

Most Helpful Girl

• With youtuber since I love youtube to my heart why can't they be famous? so many people now actually watch youtube instead of a tv show more now today then before. Youtuber is more relatable because they could literally be a pothead in their basement one day making a video (fluffletalks), they could be a athletic guitar player Canadian who games (Vanoss), they could be a wacky person who does videos on makeup mostly but willing to do anything for the fans (gravyyardgirl) if you actually watch them you can see why there a appeal to them. If you don't give them a chance then no reason to post the question XD.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I do watch some shows, I just see them as persons. I'm not angry with them being famous, I'm actually not angry at all, I just don't see why people are OBSESSED with them, which is different.

• Show All
    • 1mo

No. That's not what I'm talking about. I don't have any problem with people watching "YouTubers", pretty much as I have no problem with people watching "TV stars". I don't get the IDOLIZING stuff, for neither of them. For anyone at all actually, YouTubers, TV stars, Rock Stars, or whatever else.

• 1mo

Because they have money and power that's why people look up to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everybody is looking for their five minutes of fame. Society is getting more narcissistic as time goes on. FB is a perfect example - "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Nono, wait, I wasn't talking about those who become celebrities. They are clearly just seeking for some attentions, there is nothing wrong with it.
      I was talking about of those insane "fandoms" around 'em.

What Girls Said 1

• I completely agree

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• no one cares

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Apparently lots do, actually.

• Show All
    • 2mo

I got it the first time. I repeat.
      Apparently, lots do, actually.

• 2mo

Wanna solve this problem? It's almost rocket science... Don't pay attention to these people and stop bitching. Problem solved

• It's like popular people who do vines, it's stupid as fuck. No talent at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is yet another example of the dumbing down of the world population...

0|0
    0|0