What motivates you to do what you do?

Good or bad, stuff has to be done, so what reasons do you use to talk yourself into the not so fun things?
Mine is simply necessity, with a hint of obligation ๐Ÿ˜’

2mo I wanted to thank everyone that took the time to give their opinions. When I first asked this question I was looking for ideas on how to push through tasks I didn't like but had to do. I'm a pessimist by nature, so it was quite amazing that so many of you gave such positive opinions. Thank you for reminding me that not everything is a grueling chore! You've all made it quite difficult to chose MHO!

Most Helpful Guy

• My job? I do it because I am the last one, checking, and making sure that our labels are right, and none of the allergens is missed!
    I console myself, and tell myself that I NEED to be there, because so many of the others don't care!! I am the next to last stop, protecting people with allergies, making sure our product labels are totally accurate, and complete!! We have NEVER had a recall for unlisted allergens, as long as I have been doing this job!!
    Look at the recall lists, and almost all are for undeclared allergens!! Not on MY WATCH!!!

Integrity and work ethic are great motivators! It would be amazing if more people thought like you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Id say probably the people in the past that I've met who always tended to put me down or criticise me is a big motivation. Not only that but envisioning the end goal and how it will feel once I've finally made it helps too!

Excellent motivation, kudos to you for turning negative into positive ☺

Thank you! Thats means a lot to me! 😊

What Guys Said 15

• I guess working out is the one thing I'm really motivated for. I'm motivated by looking good, or more importantly to me, NOT looking bad. I also love clothes, and obviously the better shape you're in, the better clothes will look on you and you have more options. And at this phase of my life, I really like the challenge of just trying to be better than my peers, not in a dickhead way, but just finding out someone else is my age but they look like a train wreck, and that keeps me honest, haha. I just want to go into my 40s in good shape before it all starts breaking down on me, haha. But I see those couple older guys at the gym that are in great shape, and it's just like "I've gotta be THAT guy when I get there." And of course, there's a health benefit, but the vanity definitely comes first๐Ÿ˜‚

Wish I could find the same motivation for my job, but I really just work because I have to. If I hit the lottery, I wouldn't be one of these people like "wellllll, I'm not sure if I'll leave my job yet, I'd probably go stir-crazy!" I'd be out so fast it would make their heads spin, and would commence Billy Madison mode ASAP๐Ÿน๐Ÿน๐Ÿน๐Ÿน๐Ÿน
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcpmqztVFA

• The support and encouragement of friends and family, and, at times the threat of physical violence if I don't do it!

Very true, I also rely on the guilt trip that is handed out if I hesitate!

• Money drives me to what I do. I live a comfortable life style and the paycheck allows me to do things not everyone can do.

• Ey i get that man, i usually do things out of necessity as well, but i try to push myself to save all my energy into what i really want an put a little energy into the things i hate, been working good so far

• You about said it all yourself OP
    LIfe is maintenance with a slight measure of pleasure.
    If you do not finish the work of today you will have extra tomorrow as your reward, so life goes on :p

Just my opinion

• What motivates me is knowing i am losing inches and weight. So i go out walking it feels good i know what I'm doing is making myself more healthier.

• My goals and I enjoy the finer things in life so I gotta work for it.

Very accurate, there are many people that think they should get the finer things without the effort!

• Who talks themselves into doing it? I just look, see it needs to be done, turn on some tunes, get my ass shaking to some rave music and off I go!

• that things will get better eventually and I just need have hope.

• Because deep down you'll know that you'll feel better once it is done.

• Necessity, yes

• Fear.

• It depends on what it is

• Depends on what I'm doing hun xxx

• I love what I do so I'm always motivated

What Girls Said 1

• My faith , my goals, and myself-