What's your opinion with USA donating $38 billion to Israel for military aid?

Are you for it or against what US did? Do you believe US did the right thing or do you believe they should use the money to better America?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-israel-statement-idUSKCN11K2CI

• I approve of US giving 38 billion to Israel
  • I disapprove of US giving 38 billion to Israel

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• It's about Time.
    Instead of handing over Ransomed Monies to Iran, these Terrorist Horrors, Help out The... Apple of God's Eye with a Try.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• So we have money for aiding other countries militaries, but can't even support our own citizens huh?

• Israel is surrounded by enemies and gets attacked every single day, so yes, they need as much help as they can get until the muslims can get their shit together.

• So we're giving $38 billion dollars in military aid to Israel while our healthcare, education system, and infrastructure are all falling apart? Typical Republicans.

You have clearly not been paying attention to anything.

republicans tax cuts for billionaires, tax breaks and subsidies for big oil, and increase the already overblown military budget, fuck them. democrats are bad enough too, both parties are corporate parties.

• They are an important ally to us. If they do not have the money and cannot do what they must to defend themselves then we might lose them.

• Yes America piss off Iran some more. That should help.

• The US need to solve local problems first.

• Oh, what is America becoming. 😒

• The fuck? Aren't we in debt?

• The US aids everyone, literally!

• I dont like the idea of giving money to other countries. If we are going to give to give it to a country it might as well be israel. they are basic surrounded by wild animals and need a way to defend themselfs.

• We should give it to palenstine. Hell no i wish america would stop helping foreigners

• Our country has got some many problem right now, lets focus on us and our people before we try to help others...

What Guys Said 20

• Politics are complicated, but in the end there's really nothing the average people like you and me can actually do since we're just average citizens under their authority and they completely call all the shots and they just do whatever the fuck they really want even if you do not agree with it, or even if what they do will be bad for us regular taxpaying folks and even if they fucked us over as we have no control over what they want to do.

• I'm very much against it. While America pretends to be the good guy in international politics, all the US ever does in reality is fuck things up more by helping all the wrong people, be it cruel dictators, islamist terrorists or a pseudo-democratic Jewish state that gives a fuck about human rights and international agreements.

• If you listened to the very short video it describes the deal quite clearly. We already had a deal with Israel for 31 billion (worth of military aid) over a 10 year period, now there's another deal of 38 billion over 10 year period. Of which Israel is using pretty much all of it on buying American weaponry. So it's more like the US giving Israel weapons for the next 10 years to assist them in the constant conflict going on in the Middle East. Israel is a U. S. ally. I support the U. S. helping our allies. The deal isn't unreasonable.

But... we're not really in a good financial situation right now. I'm concerned about how we'llbe able to afford it. I'm all for the deal however. You're supposed to look out for your friends.

• What's your opinion with USA donating $38 billion to Israel for military aid?

Once the money leaves my checkbook and lands into the US Treasury, I am pretty much out of control for how it gets spent. They can give it away, use it for beer and drugs, makes no difference to me. I paid my tax. I don't have to account for the poor decisions others make with my tax money. I know I elected them, but they have a job to do just as I do. If they chose to piss away our future, then let them, or fight them.

Just my opinion

• The issue with foreign aid is that it's not aid, it's a tool of imperialism. Those who complain about this issue really don't understand it. Foreign aid must be used in very specific way, and the products purchased must be both approved and from approved (US) vendors and force a country to use US tax payer money to support certain US businesses.

If you are the one who downvoted me, that's fine but if you want t learn something about this, check out "Confessions of an Economic Hit-man" https://g.co/kgs/sqqmc9

• Israel is surrounded by people who hate them.

So aid them 38 billion while not supporting their own citizens enough? America seems to support Israel more than America itself. And Israel may also hate everyone who they are surrounded by too so it may not be one sounded like you say.

When things go terribly terribly terribly down south with national security, if it does ever happen... you'll be grateful knowing our allied countries are there.

social contract.

• the US works for "israel" and they don't need any money to defend themselves from children with rocks. "israel" is disgusting and so are those that support it. it's an occupying, fraud, terrorist state with the worst bigotry, apartheid and is in its 70th year of ongoing genocide. No nation has violated more UN resolutions than "israel" BOO "israel".

• I disapprove of US giving 38 billion to Israel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-9GRjFe9s

The Green Party.
      Now that the Democrats and the Republicans have cornered themselves , maybe The Green Party would rise much like the NDP in Canada.

• We shouldn't be funding israel.

• FUCK Israel.

• It's not "aid". They give them $38 billion in discounts. American jobs and firms get all the business.

You should also remember America does the same for Egypt, among others, it's not just Israel. It's all America's self interest.

Nope not all of our military technology is American 😕 actually france and Russia and china give us more military stuff

@Omar5881 To be honest I don't know much about Egypt. Want to visit at some point but I only know about the accords because they were recently under suspension.

www.theguardian.com/.../obama-restores-us-military-aid-to-egypt

It doesn't surprise me much if it's not all American. With modern equipment a billion doesn't buy much these days. I think one of ours our craft carriers we're building is about £7 billion. I'd be worried about sending it anywhere.

• Wby can't americans vote what happens to their tax money?

Many of them seem to be all out for giving it to Israel.

thats terrible, a country should solve its own problems first before helping others, why else have countries?

• Weren't they all treating the president like shit?

• We don't need to be giving monetary aid to anybody, quite frankly. It's a waste of our tax money and serves as a means for US officials to stick their hands in other nations' affairs. "Free" money always comes with strings attached.

• Whateves why not

• Cut all foreign aid to counterfeit Israel.

• One of the only countries we should give aid to. I stand with Israel.

Even if it's $38 billion?

I wish we'd use that money at home, but at least it's going to a good cause.

• they already sponsored ISIS since 2010 with money and military equipment like weapons.
    So it's nothing new that USA supports war

• This is what I hate about israel. $38 billion and what do we get out of it? I guess we can use them as a base of operations and that's about it.

• Whatever helps oppose the Muslims is good in my opinion.

I take it that means you're against the aid America gives to Egypt along the same lines> Less money but still a billion dollars + a year.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Camp_David_Accords

This kind of aid has nothing to do with religion at all.

@Omar5881 I'm sorry to hear that.

@RandomBritishGuy94 at least the country did a payback attack it was called " the right of the dead "
      But the payback attack was really useful