Have you ever had suicdal thoughts and how have you gotten over it?

I've always suffered from depression as young as 11 I remember being sad. Over the years it would always be on and off but lately it feels worse like everything is coming down on me. And for the first time I've thought it would be easier if I wasn't here. My boyfriend broke up with because of my insecurities, I've always had a great realtionship with my family but we're not getting along at the moment, my friends are busy and my career isn't going the way I want. In the back of my head I feel like they wouldn't really care if I dissappeard.

This is the first time I've ever felt so low. I'm trying my best to get on with it but I keep getting these thoughts. Have you ever been close to suicide or felt that depressed? How did you get through it? I'm really embarrassed talking about this stuff so this is my only way of talking to someone about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Suicide is a big part of me, I have those thoughts often but I am still here and I'm silly, sarcastic, fun (not my words) and alive (my words). If you can't suppress them then at least try to work with them. It's a hard fight but you can get through them and not be traumatised forever I promise

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I've had suicidal thoughts many of times throughout the years. I first attempted in elementary school, and later considered it in life, but i just remember my goals and my many capabilities. Suicide would be selfish and cause more pain than not. I get how you feel. You just need to find something that you love and focus on it. Develop new goals, passions, and do new things. Weigh your options. Write out all of the things you haven't gotten to do and just think to yourself "am I satisfied with the life I've lived?" If not, then it's sign that you should for sure work to make it better. Make it a life worth having lived for.

What Guys Said 1

• yes, have sex.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah i do... actually, it can be really tough for getting over it!! i am pretty much over it because of my boyfriend helps me to get over my suicidal thoughts... it's not good negativity for thinking about any suicidal thoughts. so they need a help so don't keep it all by yourself.

• Things will get better, trust me. Your family would most definitely care if they'd lost you. Im here if u need anyone to confide in.