How can I forget horrible memories?

When I was sixteen I got very drunk and made out with 5 old men. I'm talking old, like in their 60's. Whenever I look back on it I want to be sick, I cringe. How can I try and forget what happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• read "Change your life in 7 days" ... it has some techniques to diminish those images. hypnosis might help.
    Try to inject positives into it... e. g. if you learned something from it, then think about that... for example... drinking is stupid... don't get drunk again... there that will save you hundreds of thousands of dollars and maybe save your life. As well, when you have opportunities to do really stupid things, you will think twice... and avoid them:) yea... you just got a wealth of knowledge out of a brief few days. would cost thousands in school to learn all that.

maybe you should be glad they weren't 80?
    Didn't your mom tell you old men have "kudies"? ok... I couldn't help but joke a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• The more you'll try to forget the more you'll remember. On the other hand, if you accept it and stop resisting it it won't be that persistant anymore and you'll eventually not be reminded of it that often.

If you feel like cringing whether it's literal or not, just let it be and cringe, you'll feel better when you're done. You just need to assimilate the memories, if you see what I mean.

Good luck x

What Guys Said 2

• You can't, we don't forget horrible things, we should learn how to live with these bad memories.

• Well that's disturbing... .. Well, I don't want to forget my bad memories, like try to learn from it

What Girls Said 1

• Yikes...