Which gender is objectively funnier?

Title says it all. Do you think men or women are all around the funnier gender

Also please no "depends on the people you communicate with". Of course your friends would laugh at your jokes, they are your friends after all. I mean in a general sense

• Men
  • Women
  • Don't wanna think m8 just show me the answers

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm gonna be the asshole who says it does spend because well it does. But no because who you talk to like you say. But in a general sense
    Because humor, true humor, in my opinion at least, is based on how you were raised. You know there theory that the best comedians were born of tradgey. Its true. And tragedy doesn't happen to one gender therefore humor isn't exclusive to one gender

Although men is still an answer because its more socially acceptable for them to be funny its hard to be female and funny.

Its weird humor is genderized.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are much, much funnier than women.
    Usually, if it was about any other trait (being attractive, being smart etc.) we'd have to relativize such a statement and say that of course, there are men and women who have that trait.
    But when it comes to humor - as politically incorrect as this may sound - the case is absolutely clear. Women cannot be funny. They just can't. And I think one important reason for this is that women take themselves wayyyy too serious. When I look at women I know (family members, friends, even former teachers etc.), I notice one common problem that women have: they can't laugh about themselves. They are great at criticizing others but as soon as somebody criticizes them, they either get pissed or sad. Good humor, however, starts with self-irony. Men are much better at accepting their own imperfectness and laughing about it.

Lulz. What men are you around that accept their flaws. Send some of them my way coz I'm tired of being around bitchy men who get butthurt when criticized.

@LilWeezey Lots of them but most of all my dad and my best friend. They both have awesome self irony. And, though it may sound like bragging, also myself. Heck, I even make fun of my own visual disability. That takes guts, you know? Lots of women I know already get pissed if you tell them they look a little chubbier.

Opposite for me

What Girls Said 13

• It's weird. In person, I generally find women much funnier, we tend to be more sarcastic. However, it's pretty rare that I actually find a female comedian funny... I guess overall, I'd probably say guys are funny?

• We can all agree on this, it's men lol :p
    But of course there are many funny women, but on average men are funnier

• I think males are mainly because they grew up without being censored as much as females are. Openly making crude jokes, sexual jokes, and saying "dirty" things isn't acceptable for little girls and young women for obvious reasons. Whereas boys may get in trouble for saying it in school but it's expected due to puberty and their growing curiosity about sex when they're young. Then there's that "boys will be boys" crap that lets them get away with saying and doing stupid stuff.

you can make any kind of crude jokes with me if you wish :P

While it's true that boys do dumb shit more openly when they grow up I don't agree that it's because girls are censored more. No matter what society tells you if you want to be crude or just chat shit nothing is stopping you. From experience I know some "proper" girls with very dark humour. Also you don't need to be crude, sexual or dirty to be funny.

• Men are much more funny. Only a handful of women are really funny.
    The only female comedian I like is Sarah Miligan. People like that woman from Brooklyn 999 (Chelsea Perretti or something?) is less funny than eating a turd.

• Guys :)

It's like, if a guy isn't funny or have good sense of humor, he's kinda scary and I don't want to be around him. I think guys are funnier cuz they have to be, like it shows they're safe to talk to, you know?

Whereas girls aren't scary really so they don't have to make people laugh to put them at ease.

• Definitely guys, they're hilarious most of the times without even trying lol

• Hm let me think 🤔 All my favorite comedians are guys... But in my friend group, the girls are waaay x1003002819 funnier than the guys.

• Hard to tell. Personally I know more funny men then women right now but it depends on who I'm hanging out with. Besides I've been told I'm funny so its not easy to say who is the funniest gender

Of course everyone has a sense of humor, but some people are just generally funnier to a bigger percentage of the population, while others only to a select few. It's a personal not a gender issue. That ofc doesn't mean that one gender can't be overall funnier

• Men. :)

• By far, guys are funnier

• From the people I know, men are generally more funny. You can be yourself and have a laugh with guys more than girls for sure! Too many girls are dry and bitchy.

• 100% men their jokes are awesome

• I hear men crack jokes all the time, women not so much

What Guys Said 12

• I'd say guys, cause they don't care too much to look dumb and say some stupid shit. Women take more care of their image, that's why when they get comfortable with you you realize how hilarious they can be, cause they don't care about looking dumb.

• Humour is subjective.
    Relatively speaking I think that men are funnier. Women comedians sometimes try too hard and come off as raunchy.
    There may be a reason as to why men seem funnier which is that it can help them get a girlfriend whereas a girl may not need that as much and can rely more on appearances.

• I don't know y but i just find that dudes are more funny in the joke kind of way but girls are more funny in the sarcastic kind of way. I know im stereotyping, but this is based on every person that i've met that was funny.

• I think equal

What female comedian is even on the same level as George Carlin? Which one would honestly ever even define herself as such? Lisa Lamponelli is the only one that I could think of that would be able to even say it jokingly and make it work with a response of self deprecating humor against her mental illness. Some of the feminist comedians might try but let's look at the Ghost Busters that came out this year vs the original and have this conversation again.

@Saoirse_Nua M8 that's not what the question asked. The question is who is funnier. You can't be better than someone at something, as well as be equal at that same thing with them. The idea of the polarized question was so you can state, or form, a strong opinion that isn't the easy way out like "both". Of course both genders are funny, no denying that, but the question is which one is funniER.

• I think I've seen one lady comedian that I find funny. Most of them just get pity laughter.

• Men 100%. I'm sure there's some scientistic reason but overall they're just funnier

The reason comes back to the reason that usually comes around with these kinds of conversations, men are the ones that approach and have to make a girl feel comfortable. Humor has become a means to social comfortability.

• I base my answer based on Professional Comedians. I observed many male and female comedians, and I find myself laughing a lot harder with male comedians.

• Those damn privilege cis white male, especially that hugh Mungus guy. 😂

• I'm surprised there was no feminist attack

• its like saying who is more physically stronger. Men are.

• Men, by far. No offense to the ladies.

• Both