How do some people still happy? (read the details)?

I saw a video of a man who was born without arms on YouTube, he plays the guitar perfectly, i was amazed how he laughs, tells jokes, smiles, talks to people and loves his life.
i mean i have everything i need in life but i can't be happy and i have strong depression, I went to the doctor and I'm taking Asentra pills everyday and it really helps me but not that much, sometimes i wish i turn back to when i was a child because i never had depression that time, what's wrong with me? i really don't know how those people can still happy, I hear a lot of people everyday telling me to think positive (easier said than done)... those people never had depression before, if they had they wouldn't say that, I'm getting tired of myself, what's wrong with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• They see that they can't do anything about it and just live to it with the most they can. We have to be fortunate with what we have, because the truth is some people don't have the chance to live life like how we can. Example like that men, he doesn't have arms, but its not like he was happy straight away, it takes work of course, it take pain but he got there, and he knows that happiness brings him places, being sad is just making you stay in one place.
    I hope you find the happiness, it'll take time, its obviously not a walk in a park, your getting there, your even getting the help from doctors :) Goodluck!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey bro just keep ur head up! I've never had depression and I'll tell u why... no matter how hard life is, no matter what people say about you, no matter if you're lonely, no matter how many times you've been let down, FUCK THE WORLD AND LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND LOOK AT YOURSELF WITH PRIDE AND DIGNITY! LIVE LIFE FOR YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE. "IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN HIT, IT'S ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN GET HIT AND KEEP MOVING FORWARD!"

Find a passion and RAPE IT! I'm into lifting (it's my passion) and I hit the gym and I don't let it hit me! I lift my ass off each and everyday to show myself my pride and show the world who the fuck is boss. And if you think about it, depression is a silly thing and for the weak (although there are exceptions).

Look the devil in the eye and point your middle finger at him and show him you ain't afraid! 👊

... I think I went too far but I bully myself to motivate me. And sorry I just get in the zone sometimes but I guess that's a good thing!💪👊

What Girls Said 5

• Sorry to hear you have depression but honestly you need to keep yourself busy. When you was a child you didn't have depression because you had no worries in life. But as you get older you realize life is hard and overwhelming and that's when depression and anxiety comes in. Trying to see the good in every situation will help you. Just take it day by day so you won't feel so down.

• I have depression as well... It's a bitch, but you gotta keep your head up and keep pushing. Try going to the gym and exercising. It helps a lot.

• Turn to god he will always make way for you because sometimes we just need someone to protect us listen to us and He will always be there for you.(also can't believe ur depressed u seem real cool)

Thanks you, yeah i know, depression is something that comes and goes... sometimes I'm happy but sometimes...

• OH mh god, I didn't know you were depressed... You seem like such a chill guy...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 4

• Depression sucks to live with. The constant feeling of being down gets on your nerves and affects everything in life. Having someone that you trust to talk to helps. Someone that understands that some of the stuff you say is not going to be logical or make sense in any way but will still listen and trust that at that moment in time your feelings, worries and concerns are very real to you. Perhaps a counsellor or someone that is not close to you but that you trust would work best.
    But what do I know, that is just my opinion

Yeah that helps i guess but finding that person who understands you is the biggest problem

OK, thank you very much Borg, i appreciate that.

Not a problem. I had to learn to live with complex post traumatic stress disorder and one of the aspects of it is severe depression. But I do well in keeping it controlled and the impact on my life to a minimum

• Some people just have that kind of gift to be able to look the odds in the face and laugh. But as for depression it's a really hard thing to fight and climb out of I should know I used to suffer from the worst kind, the most important thing is to try and not give up if you need to talk to people about, friends a shrink, don't try to go at it alone.

• When I lived comparing my life to others lives I could never be happy.

When I came to know God and strived to live up to His standards. . . . and failed every day and yet realized He loved me just as if I were perfect. . . then I found happiness.

• There are some special people out there - You have to admire them