How do you survive a day without your phone?

Got about around 4 hours of sleep. Ran late, put my shoes on, I set my phone down to give the dog good-bye kisses.

99.999% sure that my phone is chillin' out on my kitchen counter. At work for another 3.5 hours.

I feel so naked without my phone.😭😭😭

-
-

How do you survive without yours?

2mo I SHOULD also mention that it's my mom's bday and I'm taking her out to dinner.

All she knows right now is that "I'm taking you out to dinner". lol, I was supposed to text her the details today.

Also my uncle's birthday is in 2 days, so the family was/is panning a surprise party for them tomorrow at the family business.

I was the coordinator for everything. Or, was supposed to be.
2mo Soooo besides everyone I normally chat with, I actually have a reason to miss my phone.

Buuut, yeah, I know I'm addicted. <3 My phone

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I get emails from my university and my job from my phone and sometimes I have to respond immediately. I like to be connected, so I'm not sure.

What Guys Said 29

• I don't really have time for it, most of the time I use my phone for the time. . . that's about it

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...4-9e8a-a2dc5dd611a6.gif

(it's a nokia 105 by the way)

• its unbelievable how addicted to phones people are these days. everyone is always looking down.

I even saw one guy get hit by a car the other day because he walked into the road whilst looking at his phone. dumbass.

I bought a £1.50 phone when i went travelling, and never use it. its till pay as you go and I've never had a smart phone. I can't stand it. It really pisses me off when you're trying to talk to someone and they're looking at their phone.

Yes. I am addicted to being social and making plans on my phone.
      It's time consuming but I wouldn't change it :]

• Looks like your going to have a fun weekend... Hope the weather is nice for your weekend. U probably won't be on until Monday;-(

How will I cope, Oh what will I Do? LOL ;-*

As for your question... I got in a big argument with "EVIL Verizon" and cancelled my service. I actually haven't had one for a while. I email/txt friends from the computer as I'm on it often during the day. If any body really needs me they can stop by. I visit my friends as I prefer face to face time and always hated long phone calls, etc.75% of the my phones use was surfing the web 20% was texting and I rarely talked on the phone.

• I go out and explore the world lol?
    *Louis Armstrong starts singing in my head*
    *yes Louis lives in my head now*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ORzTxLvio

• Is that why I've been getting weird texts from you and pics of Oreo? XD

Dang seriously? I'm hoping it's still there when you get back. She better not have been naughty! 😮

Only time I'm off it is during my workout in the morning and when I'm fishing. So basically keeping busy doing other things

• I've forgotten my phone at home so many times. It doesn't bother me. When I'm at work, I have to lock it up anyway as no recording devices are allowed where I am.

As for coordinating stuff, there's still emails and actually calling using a different phone.

I'm not allowed to have mine on the floor. However, when we're slow I can leave for a few minutes and use it "off floor".

It sucked not having it.

• The only time I ever use my phone is to write or jot down notes and for an alarm in the morning other then that I rarely touch the thing, I prefer a wristwatch and a payphone or something.

• Wow. You might actually have to work while at work. What a novel thing to do.

Saw the update, yeah?

All outgoing and incoming calls are recorded, sometimes monitored. That's against policy. Plus, I don't have her number memorized anymore.

Try again. :]

I have never worked where the phones could not be used to make personal calls (short) during break.

• Twiddle my thumbs. I'm close to my data limit for this month (next cycle starts on the 21st) so unless I'm near wifi it doesn't do much right now anyway.

Mine just slows down.. I'll still make that puppy work after hitting my mobile data limit!

• I survived like 3 months without my phone. I got mad over something random and unnecessary so I threw it to the wall and it got broken :D So I ended up with paying 350 Turkish Liras for it.

Hey thats not that bad, at least you will be more active in life, think about the positive way :D

I'll have SO much to catch up. lol, was even in the midst of making plans for tonight (( My mom's bday)) soooo, we'll see how dinner goes and who shows up.

• This is another example on how a pathetic world is becoming. People are becoming addicted to a fucking smartphone and can't live without it, really? O_o... Just chill god dammit, it's not like the world will end in one day...

Also this talk is very interesting as it shows how a guy cut himself for a year from internet and how it went. Have fun watching, I really enjoyed his talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trVzyG4zFMU

• I survived decades without a phone :D

• I am the same way... My lover is on the phone constanly fighting with me and I spend all my time trying to tell her and console her that I love her she is driving me nuts and sometimes I just like to end it on kik. but I'm on the phone constantly...

• I just got back from 4 months of no cell service. I don't even know where mine is half the time

• You people can't even last a day without a phone now? Jesus 😑

• 3.5 hours without sexting with me? I don't know how you could survive that.

• I survived 3-4 months TWICE lately because of technical issues. I still believe it was a great break. The ONLY time I missed it was when I needed it as a GPS.

• Easy: I don't have one

• On my phone all day to avoid eye contact with attractive women crew checking in.

• I would not be without my phone , only a woman can change that train of thought hahahha

• i don't survive oh no i always do google search something on knowledge or anything else.

• computer :P

• Simple, I don't.

• By having sumbooty like u in ma arms 💝

• I am just curious. Do you wish to tell me about your occupation?

• I can never live without it

• I block followers. I don't do phones.

• Doing your job instead of looking at your phone would be a start

It's how I talk to people and make plans. Plus, I don't look at it if I have work. Not allowed to have it on while on "the floor" so I don't. Just for break and lunch.

But, I'm missing out on talking to other people, that I like talking to.

It's 1 day and if you think about how long your breaks are really it's probably only two hours because the rest of the time you should be working so

You can't really miss it for two hours

2 hours? It's 45 minutes and I'm extremely social. lol, they're going to wonder where I've gone.

Plus.. I was trying to make plans for tonight for something special. See if anyone shows up to dinner tonight.

What Girls Said 9

• well my cell be dry as f* tbh
    I never really miss my phone if I am well entertained and that's all i need, some good company (my bae) and then we have our fun...
    All I do with it is communicate with few people from time to time, is pretty much my mp3 player, I used to take lots of selfies but the front cam is f* it face-dropped
    I never have my phone next to me, some people always on their phones and I don't like that because we barely look at each others eyes when we talk, are you even listeing to me?
    I am not super addicted my phone is actually broke my 6 plus, I am wondering if it's worth it getting the 7 or nah because I have the Ipad air and is all connected.
    I don't use my phone like that I am thinking about going old school and getting that $50 drug dealer cell phone foreal... I might end up doing that for sure.

lol at "$50 drug dealer cell phone "
      I use mine way too much.
      There is one app I socialize with (group chat) with hundreds of others on. Sure to come back to over 1,000 notifications by tonight. Didn't even get a chance to check them before leaving.

Not slave, they're wonderful people to talk to.

& I'm meeting a few of them later this year. I used to know 2 people but they left the app sooo, now it's all strangers. <- Long story and gets into person things I don't want to share.

Oh ok if that makes u happy I'm fine with that.
      I just can't imagine myself with so much work too lazy I usually just abandon my phone somewhere in the house lmao

• I honestly don't care I can survive a day without snapchat and instagram and some dumbass texts I get. What really bugs me is no music. I just think about my life and reflect on it and some shit when I'm usually listening to music then.

• I don't care. Plus I bring a book with me wherever I go in case I get bored. Or I just into the abyss and think about life.

• Purposely turned my phone off one day. Just found other things to keep me preoccupied

I... I can't.

If I wasn't expecting or talking to so many people, it'd be easy. The number of messages that are likely waiting on my phone right now will be overwhelming.

No yeah I managed to overcome it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all about willpower

• Easy, by using my pc. 😆

• not hard i just do something else

• I survive easily without my phone.

• I don't. I would go back and get it.

I thought of that.

IF I'm lucky, on a good day, it's 15 minutes to my house. Risk of speeding (10+mph) and on a Friday? lol

Normally it's 20-30 minutes. My lunch is only 30 minutes.

• lol. I cant!
    I would probably loose my job if I lost my phone for a few hours.