What would you advise your kid to do for if (s) he gets beaten up in school?

• To wait for the authority figure to intervene and deal with the bully, or to run and tell an authority figure if one isn't present. I won't condone violence.
  • Option A, but (s) he can fight back if the bully won't stop.
  • To fight back, unless it's the scenario of a girl beating up my son. Boys shouldn't hit girls.
  • To fight back. I won't make my kid accept violence for even ten seconds.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd go down to the school and it would become *incredibly* clear that my child being bullied is THEIR problem and if they don't fix it they'll be talking to my lawyer next.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would start taking my child to boxing lessons. Or martials arts. Whatever he/she wants.

What Girls Said 1

• My kid better hit back if someone decides to bully her

What Guys Said 5

• I will have personally trained him from early childhood to be versblly sharp, physically intimidating and physically fit to fight.

Watching my son pussy out and snitch? Nah, I'm not gonna have that. He must know from the beginning not to take shit. I'll deal with the authority figures later.

When he gets out of school, there won't be authority figures to have his 'bullies' for him. He's gotta learn that this is a ruthless world.

Does that standard apply for a daughter too? Or do you actually have a son, so that's why you mention him?

I'm bored and looking through old questions, if that's what you're wondering.

• Somewhere between B and D - Have to stand up to bullies to some degree

• There's a video put out by the Gracie brothers. It's called the bully proof. Often times the kid being bullied lacks confidence. Learning to successfully defend themselves is a good way to get that.

• I'd teach them some stuff, and say don't tell your mother. :D

• I'd tell him to kick his ass.