How old were you when you bought your first house?

where you married, engaged or single at the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• ... lol I'll never be able to afford a house in this country without somehow working something remotely...

Most Helpful Girl

• Haven't bought one yet and I don't plan on it until I'm in my 30's. I see no need for one. What's the point? Just so I can say that I am financially established enough to afford a home? I don't need all of the space and I wouldn't feel comfortable with there being so many places for someone to hide in if they broke in. I enjoy having a cozy, spacious one bedroom apartment and that's how it will stay until I find the man I'll marry.

What Guys Said 10

• i was married and we bought our first home when i was about 30 and we still live in it.
    we could have gotten one earlier but we want to have a good down payment on to save on the PMI insurance.
    PMI is used when you dont have 10 % down

• 26 - I was dating at the time but it was my house

• wow either houses are really cheap where the other users live, they make 6 figures or are in debt.

The average 1000 square foot condo is like 399,000 in Toronto GTA or 1000 square foot house is like 500,000 in Torontos suburbs

• Haven't yet. But when I do, I'll probably be so happy I'll cry. I grew up VERY poor and owning my own actual house would stir up so much emotion.

• 26, in a long term (unmarried) relationship.

• I bought my first home when I was 28. I was single. I bought it on loan.

• I'm putting money away for the future.

• I was 16

• 24 and have my own house and car

• 21
    ...

What Girls Said 4

• I can only dream.

• I moved out on my own & bought a hose at 20-21.

• My husband was 29 when he bought our first house. I never forget when he carried me over the threshold for the first time and made love to me for the first time. Two years on and were still so much in love.

• I haven't yet , I am still studying engineering at university , I m 25 years old and singles but I would like to start saving for that and i hace started saving but im not sure if im gonna use that money to pay school , a car or a house.