What's people's opinion on the new $5 note for Australia?

To be honest I hate them. They look stupid and I've already seen people have to wrap sticky tape around them due to the paper used being 10000000000x easier to rip/tear/destroy. (Would upload photo but my computer isn't letting me)

Most Helpful Guy

• That sucks. Canadian money is almost impossible to destroy now.

• I KNOW! It looks disgusting too, you should look it up and have a look for yourself... :(

• Looks fine actually, similiar to our money but our 5's are blue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow.
    Why are there yellow toilet brushes on it? Why is it blue?

They've just brought out a new £5 note in the UK. It's made out of some sort of plasticy paper, but it's impossible to destroy. It's waterproof, it can survive the washing machine, you name it. It's been done partly so you can't fold the edges over, meaning that self service machines and the like will accept your money.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Do people still use money? xD

I just pay by card or Android Pay.

• Yeah I always like money that didn't tear easy - The euro tears so easily - I had look at a pic

What Girls Said 4

• Looks weird and I don't see why they had to change it.

• Here's a photo:
    www.google.com.au/search
    It's paper? Idiots. Bloody idiots. And why did they even change them in the first place?

• Why use cash when there's NAB? :P

• Because sometimes efpos machines charge you extra if you aren't with the bank their efpos machine is run through. Why rely on technology when there's hackers?

• Because your bank will always refund the money 😂👍🏻

• im Aussie too and I guess I appreciate the novelty value of new notes