Students, would you study until late at night?

If you do, how do you keep yourself awake?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Guy

• if I have to...
    I'm a nightowl, so it's not really a problem. Last Sunday I was working until 5am on a project I had to show on Monday to my instructor

Do you drive? because I usually drive to school despite that I occasionally stay up until midnight.

yes, it's about 40 minutes to my university. but I had 5 hrs of sleep so it was okay.

even if I have to get up early I never go to bed before midnight, even if it means that I won't get enough sleep.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was in uni I would serve at a pub most evenings til 10pm or even midnight. Then I'd go home and study/write papers til 3 or 4am. I would avoid scheduling classes before 10am as much as possible but if I had an early morning class I'd book the night before off work or ask to be let go early so I could do a bit of schoolwork and go to he'd at a reasonable hour.

I got so used to sleeping in and staying up late it took a long time to readjust to regular hours when I graduated and started working a normal 8 to 5. If you can avoid getting into the late night habits I would recommend avoiding it.

What Guys Said 15

• No. I performed better when going to bed at a decent time and getting up a little early to study before the test.

• I study when I feel fresh - Sleep is as important as study - 4/5 hours is as good as 10 tired ones

• I think I pulled only one all nighter. I was very consistent in college. Phone off and away from me and no distractions. So I rarely stayed up all night cuz I got my shit done.

• If you have to go so late night that you can't even think straight somewhere along the lines you mismanaged your time. Shouldn't happen

• Yes, always. It's never a matter of whether I get the work done, it's a matter of how much sleep I get :p

• More important than studying is to preserve the ability to do so.

• Been there done that

• Staying up is counter productive

• No, never did that. Learned to study efficiently, instead.

• If I am studying chemistry or physics then yes anything else hell no

• Of course!

• I actually never study.

• Noo.

• thats not smart, learn early take some sleep and quickly read it again the next day

• I never study beyond 7pm (unless I am typing up an assignment).

What Girls Said 15

• It's part of the territory. Plus, I am most relaxed and do my best thinking at night. I don't have any specific methods for staying awake, though; I suppose I'm pretty sugar-inclined, so that might be assisting.

Having said that, unless it is a paper or an assignment due by a certain time in the morning, I will usually call it off at some point and get some rest. This includes for exams. I figure if I can't keep my eyes open, there is a big problem (even if that sleep means I had to ignore more studying.)

• If i'm tired then I'm tired, if I have an exam or something I will study many days prior so that its repetitive.

• Yep, there will always be a night or two where you have to stay awake to finish your work. Just drink some coffee and plan when you'll be able to take a nap the next day. Certainly try not to make it a regular thing. But it's going to happen sometime.

• Actually, I used to study "only" at night, I'm more productive that way. I'de stay up until 3 or 4am studying.
    However, this was only when I had something important to do, the rest of the time, I didn't study that much at all :p (and this was in university, when I was in high school, 6 or 7 pm was my limit)
    As to how I kept myself awake, well I can't really help with that, I was always a night creature

• I never did.
    If I didn't sleep, there's no way I'm getting up the next morning for class so that would defeat the purpose of staying up late to study.

• Yeah I have done it before

• My university library is open until 23:30 on weekdays for exactly that purpose 😂

• I prefer not to do it. Generally late at night I'm desperate for some sleep, so I'd rather sleep than study. Studying could be done during anytime earlier during the day, plus it's supposed to be like that. I hate cramming for tests.

• coffee coffee
    or study in a caffe :p

• It is generally known that staying up all night is unhealthy and there is nothing better than early morning study , BUT sometimes i have to pull up all nighter before my exam , because that's the only solution i have. by the way i make sure to have a short afternoon nap, soi have more energy during the night.

Yes, trial is within 2 weeks and there is a lot of chapters I need to revise

If you are determined to achieve something , you can do it no matter how hard it is , so good luck.

• I guess if I had to

• I already do.
    Talk about loads of HOMEWORK! 😅

• Yes, I don't really have a choice sometimes.

• Yes. Whatever you do, don't try and "study" in bed...

• during exam weeks i often did that but i think it depends on the person, i am more a night owl and my brain obsorbs things better at night while i can't get my thoughts together in the early morning
    usually i just had coffee but if you are too tired you will still fall asleep

High five my brethren. I reminded me of days during a national examination last year where I had to wake up early at 2 am just to do revision. However, I still manage to get up at 5 am and went to school at 6:30 am. The average starting period for morning session paper was 7 am and sometimes if I had evening session, it would ended at 3 pm.