Do you think a man can be justified hitting a woman (Please read details)?

Now, when I say this, I mean if she starts attacking him (punching, slapping, kicking) first does he have a right to hit back (defend himself)?

2mo Im asking because some people think that its morally wrong to hit a woman even if she starts it. If a woman comes up and starts wailing on some guy he legally, does have a right to defend himself. Im not saying knocking her out but enough to make her back off. After all, woman want to be treated as equals right? If you hit somebody (a gender be prepared to get hit back.)
2mo *any gender

Most Helpful Guy

• A woman must know basic principles of acting like a lady in order for other men to treat her with a gentleman approach. It is not lady-like at all to assault and/or hurt anyone.

If a female wants to be a man, act like a man have what men have, then she should be treated like man (don' t come here with your double standards bullshit).

If you go ahead and start assaulting someone, don't expect the person to just sit there, you're going to be accountable for your actions.

If you're not keen to get knocked, then sit the fuck down.

Most Helpful Girl

• A man is not a punchbag.

Being a woman does not qualify her for special treatment nor does it mean a man can be treated anyhow a woman sees fit.

If you wanna throw punches be prepared for what's thrown back.

What Guys Said 16

• of course he does and it's refreshing to see a question like this from a woman. it's abuse no matter who does it-the person hitting back if defending themself is not being abusive-assuming that intent (to end the fight and defend themself).

Because feminism teaches women are always the victim, women are more inclined TO attack physically as there's 1/ less chance of retaliation from a man, and 2/ they are less likely to get in trouble. Studies show women perpetuate MOST (70%) of domestic violence... but nobody cares because feminism also teaches "men can't be abused."

#feminismisdisgusting

I really do hate it sometimes how woman are ALWAYS the victim. Your stats are correct. I watched this scenario once where a man and a woman were sitting in a park and the man was yelling and screaming at his girlfriend. Grabbing her and being rough with her and everybody stopped it and called the cops. Yet, when they reversed the rolls and actually had the woman beating the guy... nobody did anything. They just walked a long and some of them even laughed. Some of them said their reasoning was because "he's stronger than her and should be able to handle himself and he probably deserved it". Like, WTF. It's domestic violence either way!!!

• Act like a man, get slapped like a man. Justified in my mind.

• thats crazy! I asked the question along the same topic a few minutes ago because a girl was trying to hit me. When men hit it can get really dangerous, I know that we should be for equal rights but there was some instinct holding me back from hitting her back

• If she attacks him, then yes, he has every bit of right to punch her violent volatile crazy ass and put her in the right place to behave like a civilized human being that she is apparently NOT

• People should be able to defend themselves regardless of the gender of who ever is attacking or trying to protect themselves. If you're genuinely fearful of your life then there's no reason why you shouldn't have the right to hit back

• Only in immediate self-defense (same goes for a woman hitting a man), why make it more difficult than that?

• A stranger woman attacked me , unprovoked , from behind with a stiletto heel & deeply cut the back of my head , I had to threaten severe violence to stop a further attack , she backed off fast... then profusely apologized , she mistook me for another man. She came towards me again... I yelled at her to F Off , but did not retaliate physically , I did not bother reporting it , despite a police officer asking me what happened.

• Yes, if it's only available solution. But there are many ways man can calm (weaker) woman, so they should be used first.

• I'm not sure what screwed up way of thinking some people have. Nobody should be hitting anybody, that's just wrong on itself. And if you do hit somebody expect to hit back. How difficult of question can this be?

• I wouldn't strike, is subdue her or get her the fuck away from me, but definitely wouldn't knock a bitch out.

• Please tell me why I wouldn't defend myself if any human would hit me in a threatening way.

• I think in a case like that he should try to get away fast, if he can't then restrain her, if he can't then proportional force only to stop her from continuing the attack.

• If he truly feels that hitting her is the only option, go for it. I doubt I'd ever need to resort to it, though.

• Sufficient to protect himself from harm - yes.

• Yes and he should punch her just as hard as he would punch a man. Hit first. Hit hard. Hit with conviction.

• u slap me once i slap u twice wether u have a vagina or penis

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, that's justified. Thinking differently is just sexist and stupid. Guys can get hurt too, and he should defend himself.

• No, he has the right to hold her down or push her away. Hitting back is not self-defense, there's nothing defensive about it, it's a counter attack.

Complete Bullshit. She shouldn't hit in the first place.

@TheWaterBear It doesn't fucking matter if it's a double standard, you either learn how to defend yourself properly or push them away but you do not hit back. This an eye for an eye logic only ever causes more problems than it solves.
      See my latest reply to the asker.

@TheWaterBear and righteously so because she shouldn't have hit her back. It could have ended way worse for him because if that lady would have had a drunk boyfriend there it could have caused a way bigger fight in the entire pub.
      But it's a typical example of reacting before thinking about consequences and he was probably drunk so you can't really blame him all that much.

• yep, if she's attacking then she asked for it

• I am against violence but if she goes crazy for no reason, a guy must defend himself.

• If you don't know the person : you have the legal right to defend yourself, even if the person attacking you is a woman. That being said, self defence is only legal if what you do to protect yourself is proportionate to the danger you are in. If she just slapped you, you can't just take out a taser and take her down.
    If the woman is your wife / sister / friend etc... : what I said above stays true, however I wouldn't hit her back because I care for the person (probably), and try to escape the fight or immobilise her.