Do all Americans have a backyard?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd assume not. I have a backyard. It was the "cool" backyard in middle/high school. It has a pool, a tree house, a fire pit, a swing set, a dog agility course, and a pasture.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Plenty of people live in apartments, for one thing.

What Girls Said 15

• ... Really?

http://i.imgur.com/o0nYp6y.gif

You didn't think this through did you...

• Yeah obviously.. Don't be fooled by all the sky scrapers and apartment buildings in the big cities, these people still have a secret backyard in their bathrooms, of course only in America!

• No haha how would you have a back yard in a big city?

• haha of course not, that's ridiculous. Out in the country and suburbs, sure. But most of the population live in or close to the cities, so a backyard is not a given in those situations. A huge part of the population doesn't even live in houses but apartment comlexes/condos, where there is no private yard.

• No. I am not American, but not everyone lives in a house in the States. Plenty of them live in apartments. There are also places that don't really have yards. I'm sure it's the same in whatever country you live in. It's the same in Canada. I'm house hunting right now, and it's actually hard to find a good backyard in my city. Some places just have tiny little patio areas that are fenced in. They are big enough for a patio set and maybe a BBQ. I'm assuming there are plenty of places like that in the States too.

Haven't you ever heard of big cities like New York?

• It depends on where you live. In a city? Unlikely. Near a city? Depends. Town houses? Maybe a little square or run of grass. Other places? Most would have some form of a backyard.

• Noooooope, not all do. I don't.

• No there's some places that don't have back yards.. The apartment I lived in last year didn't even have a balcony

• No lmfao
    What do you think people who live in apartment have? haha

• Have you ever heard of New York City?

• ? Apartments? New York? Chicago? LA? Any city? hehe think sweetie

• No they don't, it just depends on where you live

• I have one and it's nice ! :-)

• No. Where I live we have something called a backyard. It's in the back of our house but it's not a yard. It's just concrete. It's more like a back alley.

• No not all do.

What Guys Said 14

• Of course not. Many many Americans live in apartment buildings in large cities. There are no backyards in Manhattan.

• Lol you can't be serious? Most of our population are in big cities. With apartments and townhouses people don't get a backyard unless the buy a house in a suburb are or the country.

• No, not at all. Some tract homes will have just a solitary patch of grass that borders their property. Barely enough for a trash can and bbq.

• Nope. Plenty of people live in apartment complexes or condominiums. We have various levels of population density and types of housing to accommodate those populations.

• in the suburbs yeah mostly. in cities people mainly live in apartments.

• Probably not

• They all have swimming pools for some reason.

• Nope. Ones with apartments don't.

I do

• They have.
    On real life or on The Sims :p

Same thing :p
    I want one :' (

• I do, it's pretty big.

• No, how could you have a backyard in an apartment?

• Yeah even the homeless ones

• No. Many do, some don't.

• Of course not. What a silly question.