Do you find rejecting someone to be empowering?

I was inspired by a mytake to ask this question. The mytake owner claimed that rejecting someone made her feel empowered. So it got me thinking.

So tell me what you think. Does rejecting someone make you feel empowered?

• Yes, it's empowering
  • It's somewhat empowering
  • No, it's not empowering
    Vote C

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so, I feel really bad and I just wished for him to find someone else. I feel really bad when I get rejected so by default I feel like I am a bad guy who is hurting their feelings. I guess I am kind of sensitive. I don't feel empowered or better or anything like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you reject someone what happens? You lose your partner. When you lose any of your possessions how do you feel. You feel lost. You feel that you are not worthy. You feel you don't deserve to lose your happiness. People who think they feel empowered when they reject someone are really not good people. They minds are tuned in a wrong way. Their only purpose in life is to hurt others. To empower your self should mean to bring happiness in yourself by caring for others. Not the other way round. Whe you empower yourself , you should empower others.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 14

• If the guy is a dick, then I am ok with it. Not "empowered" but I don't feel that bad.

If he's sweet, then I don't feel good at all.

• Thanks for sharing. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• A pity. That percentage is depressing to me.

• That was mostly when I was young. And they were young too (not all of them, because there were lots of mean or creepy 30+yr olds hitting on 14yr olds- I was one of them getting hit on).

Now that I'm a bit older, they don't flip out as much. Same age range of guys, but they're oddly less likely now to call me names upon rejection. Interesting..

• No. It makes me feel like crap actually.

• No, it just makes me feel awkward and shitty.

• No it's awkward. You don't know what to do or say. I mean this is why people "ghost" because it's easier than spelling it out

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• If you don't let the polls know the world will never know vote today you heard?

• not gonna lie it does
    I always prefer to have the upper end

• It's sad.

• No, I just feel bad.

• It makes me feel awful, like I am a terrible person.

• Hmm. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• No it really isn't...

• Lol no...

• Short and sweet. Thanks. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Not at all

• Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• It's not and if I'm rejecting someone I like (a friend for example) makes me feel week and sad.

• No, and if anyone does, it means they're insecure.

• An interesting perspective. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• It makes me feel guilty and depressed.

• Yeah anoymous don't let the door hit your ass on the way out playa

What Guys Said 12

• I have never been asked out so I haven't had to reject anyone.

Generally, I think it would be awkward, especially if the girl was sweet. However, if it was one of those bitchy " I can get any guy I want " kind of girls, then I think it could feel really empowering to reject her.

• I'm never in that position anyways, but it would make me feel very sad and would leave me depressed for a while 😔

• I hate it with the fury of a thousand burning suns.

Don't get me wrong -- it's not like I'm rejecting people left and right -- but in those rare occurrences when it happens, I feel awful.

• "... with the fury of a thousand burning suns."

Very poetic.

Always a pleasure, DodgersGM. It's been a while. I hope you are well.

P. S. I went to my first Dodgers game over the summer. Been here in L. A. virtually all my life and I haven't seen one until now.

• Rejecting a decent lady? No. It feels terrible.

Taking a vain, I-can-get-whomever-I-want girl down a peg? Yes.

• You're the second one to answer that way. Interesting. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Ye ye just make sure you vote or I ain't want to hear about it!

• It's annoying (well, it annoyed me the times I had to)

• if she's a psycho trying jedi mind tricks... rejecting her is oh-so-satisfying.

• No it's not , you may feel confident at the moment but you'll start feeling guilty
    at some point...

• I see. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• i guess if you hate the opposite gender that it can be empowering.

• I feel bad tbh

• It's uncomfortable and not fun.

• I feel the same. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Its uncomfort to make a poll and people ain't vote the answers make sure to

• I hate doing it.

• I don't know. I've never had to because girls don't like me lol