I suffer from depression and anxiety?

So yeah I took a lot of tests online to check, all of them said I'm bipolar, I suffer from anxiety and depression, I have some serious low self esteem issues as well and it is quite serious. I want to get help but I don't want to tell anyone at all about it. If I do get help irl, my family will get to know. If I get it online, that requires money and I'm pretty young so I'll have to ask my parents for money and i will have to tell them the reason x_x What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't waste your time getting help from a professional. Thus is what helped me.

First forget about those online tests, they are made to be negative and usually are not made by doctors or psychologists. So forget what the I ternet says, it's just making you feel worse.

2nd, learn something outside of school, like me, I learned how to make an electric guitar a few years ago... most people can't do that, it's an awesome thing to know how to do. I might be able to make a small business within the guitar world... I'm going to be speaking to a music store owner hopefully this week about putting my products for guitar on consignment. This means that the product is in his store and if it sells, he gets 30℅ of the profit and I get 70℅ of it. I'm not selling guitars to people, but a small part of one that captures the sound of the strings of electric guitars.

Try to find new or different friends, or any friends if you don't have any. Join a sport that you like, on want to try, that will give you more friends, they may not be amazing friends at first but they can definitely help.

Get a job, you can make friends there

Then if you really feel the same then you can go to a doctor. But try these things first. Forgot about the internet, get a hobby where you can create, get into a sport or involved with a good cause, try to make new friends or gain some that you dont have

I have friends, but I don't feel happy around most of them anymore:/ Thanks though. Do professionals not help a bit?

I have never tried, and I never will. I cannot say if they would. But, I would try myself first before investing in that, if you cannot change it yourself, which I think most people can, then you do yourself a disservice. If you try it yourself and you succeed you will become even better than if a professional helps. Besides a professional who is a doctor has probably not been in that situation. Maybe they were shy, but they were likely smart in school, so they always had success. They wouldn't be able to put their minds where your is.

Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• hey there, firstly i can fully appreciate the sense of how you are feeling, can i ask if you are u. s or u. k?

I'm from Pakistan

ok unfortunately i know nothing of your health care system over there, sorry. i know you can feel very alone in this kind of place and its very difficult to reach out to people. sometimes the people we trust and that care about us can struggle with what we are telling them. my mum struggled and at the time it felt like to me she didn't really take me seriously it felt like she almost ignored the problem, never mentioned it, etc but i realise now much later it was just how she felt and she struggled she didn't know what to do to help. do you really feel that you can't talk to your parents? even one of them? and do you understand even a little whether there was a specific point or event that has evolved into your current state of mind? xx

Nothing happened. It was sudden, for no reason out of no where, I don't know..

What Guys Said 7

• What's wrong with telling them? I'd be cautious of a self diagnosis

I just don't want to, I don't know why

• Is there a counsellor at school - They have to respect your privacy and not tell your family - Is your age really over 18 - You can see people without your family knowing like your family doctor, all obliged to keep it private.

• Never self diagnose. If you're concerned about your health then you need to speak to a doctor and let them guide you to other help if you need it.

• Maybe call a online toll free hotline of someone who can help you.

• Don't take online quizzes. Those are horrible.

• Taking online quizzes is not reliable. Go get diagnosed.

• Only a doctor can diagnose. Those online checklists can lead everyone to believe they have a problem.

What Girls Said 3

• You can't find bipolar based on tests you need a diagnosis. You can't do it alone. I had a lot of depression and I fought the battle with my parents. I don't know if I could've alone. So I'd suggest you tell your parents.

• I also suffer from anxiety and depression. You need to go to the doctor to get professionally diagnosed or go to a therapist as a start. Anxiety and Depression are very common now a days and you shouldn't be ashamed of having either of them. I don't know how old you are, but if you are in school you could start by going to your school counselor to work through how to tell your family or at least get their take on the situation. Anxiety/depression tends to get worse if you don't deal with it, so I would say just come forward and tell your family because that is a small price to pay for bettering your mental health for the future.

I'm under 15. I have tried to force myself to tell a lot of times, but I just can't do it.

@FallOutBoy2001 tysm, that is really sweet of you

Hey, I don't want to see another person go through this hell alone

• Tell your parents! They need to know! Don't let it get worse like i have! I dont receive help even though i have the privilege to. I feel to scared to go to therapy ! Tell ur parents asap and go to therapy!