What is your religion and ethnicity?

I'm Orthodox Christian and ethnically Persian. How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 22

• I grew up in a small Christian Missionary Alliance Hmong church. I consider myself non-denominational Christian. I am Hmong, but there's a lot of Miao (or Hmong) in China and i was born in Loas.

Have you seen Gran Torino
      its about a Clint Eastwoods character living next to a Hmong family in Detroit

Well tell her she was REALLY good in that movie

@Waffles731 ok, i will. did you know she had a very short part in batman vs superman too. she only does film on the side, she is a full time computer programmer

• I'm American no idea what ethnicity I am and I'm Roman Catholic.

your ethnicity is American lol

@Maxemeister you're wrong as everyone has pointed out. Nationality is more about WHERE you are, Ethnicity is more about WHO you are.

To expand on that, Nationality has to do with the country where you reside in or are a citizen of. So for example, you could be born in France but if you are living in the U. S and you're U. S. Citizen, your nationality is American. But your ethnicity definitely isn't.

Ethnicity is about who you are and your race, ancestry, culture or even some cases like Jewish - your religious group.

So someone's nationality can be American. But no one's ethnicity is American unless they are Native American Indians. It's too young a country to be considered anyone's original bloodline or ethnicity.

To sum it up, Nationality is basically where you are living and Ethnicity is where your bloodlines originated.

@Mydnite @yellowgirl00d Little did they suspect the 15 year old boy actually realized his mistake the second they pointed it out and he tried to weasel his way out of being wrong

• Italian with one Irish grandparent. I grew up Roman Catholic. I am questioning everything at this point, and no longer see myself as inherently religious.

• Atheist and mixed Irish, German/French

• Christianity and African American

• Believe in God but don't follow any particular religion. Probably closest to Christian baptist. uk/Irish/french

• White American, Christian turned atheist :)

• I don't believe in any religion and I'm a pale as a vampire American. XD

• I'm Chinese and Hawaiian. Don't have a religion. ✌🏻️

• American Episcopalian

I just looked up your sect of Christianity, I have to say it's very progressive.

@QuestionMan - Properly speaking, it's not a sect, but it is quite progressive (with exceptions) in the US, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. However, in Africa it can be very conservative (less so in South Africa, more so elsewhere).

Which form of Orthodoxy do you practice?

I'm an atheist.
      I was just surprised to see a church be so progressive.
      I'm hoping that there will be an Islamic equivalent.

• Indian and roman catholic

• Agnostic and I'm African American.

• I'm 50/50 eastern european and western european. But i'm an atheist

• Christian background and Afro-Caribbean

• Catholic and French

• Pentecostal Christian and Nigerian

• I'm an American, Chinese, and Malaysian. I'm agnostic.

• I'm Christian And African American

• Belge and Congolese but I'm atheist

• Atheist and halfblooded

• Baptist and American

• Dont subscribe to any religion and im of Irish descent.

What Guys Said 15