Do guys like girls that are direct and sometimes too honest?

This means straight to the point, regardless if they didn't like my answer. If I'm not interested, he's too old, he's not my type or see it's simply not working out then I'll say that. I don't want to waste his time nor my time.

There was only one time I tried the "you're ok, let's be friends for the mean time" route but I got sick of it. He would keep persisting and I ended getting several missed calls.

2mo I'm like that with people I'm interested in being friends with. If I don't like someone, I'll also say "I don't really like you, bye".
I can careless if their feelings got hurt. I'm not into sugarcoating nor telling someone how nice they are, when it's bs.
2mo **With people I'm not interested

Most Helpful Guy

• A few girls are very direct and too honest. While the rest are more diplomatic an shy type. Girls who are honest and direct don't waste much time in letting you know what they want in a relationship. You make fell that they are more truthful but diplomatically rough. Other girls will never tell you what is going in their mind and they will take unnecessarily too long a time to give feedback. So you decide which ones you prefer. usually guys dont like the direct and honest types.

Most Helpful Girl

• Again like you said it's not your place to sugarcoat anything. I'm the same way with that sense. I tell the truth about that. Im a friendly person overall, but I don't want anybody to take advantage of the offer for friendship either. So if they have a problem with it, then goodbye to them. As long as your not looking to do it deliberately to hurt them, it shouldn't have to be a problem. If it is, then their simply not for you. Find somebody who is equally sharing your views.

What Guys Said 14

• No i love girls like that, its so much better then having to play the stupid game of "guess what im thinking", id rather she just says whats on her mind, if she really likes something then she's not afraid to share it. I dont know that just sound like an interesting person too me

• I like a woman to be honest with me

• yeah why not. being honest nowdays is basically so rare that i can't help but appreciate it

• YES !!! we want more of them

• If it's honesty with a goal / purpose to help a situation or solve a problem.

For example, if you meet a person who is overweight and you say "You are really fat!" Yes, you might be honest, but would be hurtful and not helping the situation.

You could adivise the person or suggest to go jogging with you etc.

So in way your intensions are important, your morals, character etc.

• I believe so or at least I do.

• You should be direct and honest but don't take it too far into rude !

• Well it is better than trying to figure out some hints or whatever, so sure. Just don't say it in a hurtful tone of voice or anything, and it will be taken better by the guys

• I like that like a LOT

• That would be a breath of fresh air.

• Nobody likes getting rejected, so no they don't like them, but it is better than false hope.

• Yes. We don't like the mind games.

• I love a honest bitch because I'm straightforward and fucked up as well

• thats a euphimism for sassy, so... not.

What Girls Said 6

• I think sometimes "honesty" is misinterpreted into "desperate". Stating exactly what you want without all the hurdles or "games" makes you seem really desperate or clingy considering its rare to find a girl or guy that doesn't play mind games or follow "dating rules", such as leaving a 5 minute gap between each text to make yourself not seem eager (just what I've heard from my guy friends lol!)
    In regards to being friends; If someone came up to me and said straight out they wanted to be friends I'd be alittle creeped out. Why? Because it never happens, only in kindergarten lol. Plus friends don't state their your friend - they show you. So for instance trying to get to know them, their interests and passions and their past, going out to places, spending time together, discussing different things, finding common ground etc. And this relates back to what I said previously, asking do you want to be friends makes you sound desperate or that you don't have any friends, it will make me think that your clingy and later turn into annoyance.

I donno I've done that loads of times generally in relation to school. I met many of my uni friends like that. I saw a girl walking ahead I jogged to her tapped her and was like are you in the same course she was like yeah. There ya go a good friendship. I mean that's slightly different than what you said but not much.

Yeah thats totally different, your not outright stating your intentions but rather finding some common ground at least. I wouldn't say what you said is creepy because nobody really knows each other at the start of a new course and nobody wants to be alone in class so at least someone will be glad to have someone to buddy up to. Thats kinda like me at concerts.. buddy up with people and usually go to concerts with the same group all the time.. our group keeps getting bigger too! 😊

Haha its a good way to do things, done it in nightclubs as well. I'm normally just like oh that person is by their self I'm going to okay hi

• Most are deathly afraid of direct and always honest women. They just say they love them because they've never met one.

• I personally wouldn't get specific but rather directly say I believe it's not going to work out between us and I don't want to waste each others time.

• Some do, some don't. From what I've experimented with (being forwards vs being not so forward) with guys, both attitudes attract different types, so I can't really say.

• yes they do

• Nah they like girls who give back promise rings