Have you ever changed you car's oil?

I'm in the "not yet" category. Things I have done are build my own computer (not such a big deal) and back when I could commute by bike I built 2 or 3 bicycle wheels (which was hard).

• Yes
  • No
  • Not yet but I want to

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have a car.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Well, I haven't changed my car's oil yet cause it doesn't need it right now, but I have changed the oil twice on a CX-9 and once on an '85 Corvette.

by the way I like to work on cars with my dad

I've never worked on cars, though I've changed gearcase lube in outboard engines and I do all the maintenance on my bike. Real girls like to get their hands dirty:)

I've always wanted to ask a guy "So, is that a torque wrench in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"?

Hahahahahaha
      That does sound like fun to say. ☺️

I'm silly enough to do that one day you know

What Guys Said 11

• Of course, many times. But not recently. Newer cars are so much lower and you need to support them raised off the ground to get to the drain plug and the filter, so it is much easier and faster to just take it to an oil change facility.

I have a Prius, so its low ground clearance is why I haven't changing mine yet.

Just take it to a lube shop. They can do it all in just a few minutes, you stay clean and the oil disposal is taken care of.

• It's simple!

• I never owned a car - I have an idea how to do it but I would need to check with someone or online to be sure.

• No, but I have changed the brakes. That's a dirty job but not as messy and you don't have to get under the car to do it. Oil changes are pretty cheap and I decided it's just not worth it for me to do it myself.

• Of course

• Of course, but nothing I need to do any more. That's what a maintenance plan is for.

• yup... and i'll gladly pay for someone else to deal w/ it.. and they'll dispose of teh oil!

• Yeah... I've never paid anyone to change my oil.

• That's important, you should see that to not forget.

• if you mean refilling, than yes. The other things are done by the mechanic at the legally required checkups anyway.

• dun haf a kar

What Girls Said 2

• No, but I'd be open to doing so.

• Not my current vehicle but I have done previous ones.