Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER breakfast?

I brush before breakfast, but apparently thats not the norm. What do you guys do?

0|0
9|14

Most Helpful Girl

• I brush when I get out of bed, it's the second thing I do. Cba brushing later.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

Yay a normal person

• Show All
    • 2mo

👍👍👍

• 2mo

Thanks for MHO :D

What Girls Said 8

• I brush them before breakfast but I try to brush them after each meal as well just to get all the food out. If I can't brush I will definitely rinse my mouth though.

0|1
    0|0
  • After. What's the point of brushing your teeth after sleeping? You didn't eat anything in your sleep haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Before breakfast, whilst I'm getting washed and dressed and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • After, because brushing them right before getting them "dirty" again is just really pointless.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Hopefully you're waiting at least 30 minutes after you eat (I do the best I can) since your enamel is susceptible to some stuff if you brush too early (I forget what it's called).

I think it's "dentin" or something like that.

• 2mo

@AlwaysBelieving yeah I believe I'm not eating "some stuff' because, despite taking my time having breakfast, I usually don't wait 30 mins and yet I have never had caries in my life.

• 2mo

@AlwaysBelieving - Dentin is one of the four major components of teeth. Without it your teeth would be in sad shape. But I guess you don't want dentin in your teeth.

• After breakfast :D But I don't think it matters too much as long as it's twice a day

0|0
    0|0
  • I brush my teeth after breakfast 😂

0|1
    0|1
  • Neither. I almost never have breakfast in the morning, and brushing my teeth is like the very last thing I do once I know I'm ready to head out. I know, its weird lol. I have made a habit out of it because I usually forget to brush once I wake up and I suddenly remember it once I grab the keys to leave the house.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't know if this is weird or not but I brush them before and after breakfast.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

Totally normal.👊

What Guys Said 14

• Before. I'm up at 4:30 and out the door by 5. They serve 3 meals a day at the didn't buildings I work at but not until 9 is breakfast served. After breakfast I use mouthwash but then eat again at like 1 or 2 for lunch. I wouldn't wanna wait gettin 4:30-9 to brush, that'd be gross, haha.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on of I have 90 minutes after eating or not. I have a weird thing where I puke some food up if there isn't enough air in the system.

0|1
    0|0
  • Brush before, floss and mouth wash after

1|1
    0|0
  • Do you wash your hands before cleaning the toilet? do you shower before you work out?

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Well I shower twice a day so technically, I shower before I go for a run. lol

• Show All
    • 2mo

@hawkeye92 - Your last makes sense, though as you say it is a psychological thing. I took issue about you making sure that your hands "are clean at all times" as that is really impossible without being in a sterile environment and still cleaning every few minutes. Which I know from times in cancer wards.

• 2mo

nah man ain't nothing but a thang. no hard feelings. i'm not anal with cleanliness.

• Who da fack brush their teeth before breakfast 😱😱😱
    Foods taste so weird after brushing ur teeth. Its better to brush after eating cuz brushing can rinse off leftovers that got stuck in ur teeth. Sum of ma siblings brush before dinner and im juz sitting there like... what... the.. duck 😒😒😒

0|1
    0|0
  • Soon as I get up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whats the point of brushing them before breakfast?

0|0
    0|0
  • I brush 4x a day and floss 1x a day. So I do it both

0|0
    0|0
  • After.

0|0
    0|0
  • After breakfast.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ibrush after breakfast. Why brush before?

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not doing one nor the other. I am being at one with nature!

1000uglypeople.com/.../...th-Bad-Teeth-150x120.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Before breakfast.

0|1
    0|0
  • After

0|0
    0|0