Skype video chat on a tablet?

have you ever used Skype video chat on a tablet or smartphone?

is it the same as on a pc?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much the same, maybe even easier than on PC. App is pretty self-explanatory.

does it stall? plan to use it on wifi.

Haven't ever had problems with it on wifi, connection has always been pretty stable. Occational hiccups here and there but in general it works excellent

cool thankz

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never owned a tablet but I have done it on my smartphone. If the smartphone can take selfies from the front of it then you can do video chats with someone on Skype. Which in that case it's basically the same ex small screen to see them.

Lets see once I was in a Skype video chat call on my cellphone. I was in town so I wasn't using any wifi and just my own data for about an hour or more. I think it used between 100-300mb. Which with my cell phone I have unlimited data, though sadly if I go over 5gb they will slow down my connection. Still Skype doesn't seem to use that much data at all while in a call.

What Guys Said 7

• Never used it

• on a smartphone? yes i have

• i have never used Skype video chat.

• it should be pretty much the same as on PC

does it use a lot of bandwidth?

thankz (*^^*)

I think it would be quite different for two reasons. The first being that most apps for tablets and phones work differently than the PC program. The second is that a PC would be stable. Even a laptop would be more stable than holding a device by hand, tablet or phone, and trying to type or even just point on it with the result being motion all over the place.

• Not yet

• It is similar to the computer. Why are you asking? *thinks*🙄

• I've tried it but I didn't like it. You have to keep it at a steady angle and you can't type so you ave to actually talk using voice

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I have. It's about the same. Your phone screen will change the view just a bit.

• Yes it's the same no difference