Do you like it when someone just understands you?

Like they just understand you and gets you?

i really like that. Brings me a level of comfortability with the person

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes , it draws me closer to them.

I especially like it if they can relate to how I feel , because most people hear you but they just don't understand. It's rare I meet people who " get "me

Most Helpful Guy

• Even speaking a language one understands can make someone happy. I remember coming back from a long trip through Serbia and Macedonia to Greece. My knowledge of the languages there is nearly zero (enough to read the menu). Then we crossed from Patras to Bari (It) . My Italian isn't good but imanage to get by. I entered the first Coffee bar and I must have talked half an hour with someone, a client or the barista, I don't remember. Just to be able to have a conversation. I felt very happy there and then, just over a coffee and an intelligible talk. (Don't ask me what we talked about!)

What Girls Said 25

• ofcourse, I think that is what most humans want. They just want someone to empathize with them, understand them and listen to them with their whole hearts. None of that criticizing, listening to respond B. S.!
    I don't want you to judge me, I don't want you to give me advice, I don't even want you to pity me. I just want you to LISTEN to me so you can understand MY FEELINGS and get me, and understand why I feel that way. But you know what? I need to work on it too. I need to work on listening skills, and empathy skills.

• When I moved across the country and I was in school I didn't see my family for over a year. That's when I learned that when they say "home sick", th word "sick" means something. Like, I felt physically I'll due to missing them... finally I decided I had to visit and my parents agreed to split a ticket home with me as a bday present :)

I've gotten used to it by now but I also visit home once or twice a year now and have a nice solid social circle here so it's not like it was when I was virtually alone.

• yes, of course I like feeling as though I'm 'on the same page' as someone else. I quite often feel like that with my boyfriend which is great, though does bring a bit of fear alongside of it. If I'm feeling really comfortable, that makes me feel a bit more vulnerable, too. Like I may wear my heart on my sleeve a bit too much, in a way. (romantically. If I ever feel like that with a friend, that wouldn't apply)

• Hell yes, because even I don't understand me! When I say, "I'm not like other girls." I really mean it.

• yup... classical romantic flim.

• Yes. Yes. Yes. I wish more people got me or I got more people. Sadly, I live in da south :'c whyyyyyyyyyy monograms and yeti cooler obsessions

• Yes, I do. Besides making me comfortable, I feel like I can talk about anything to them and they won't judge me.

• Oh definitely. Doesn't happen often - especially with completely new people.

• Yes. It feels nice to be around that person

• Yes lol

• Yes of course! It makes it easier to get along with them too -and like you said, makes you more comfortable for sure.

• Definitely. 😊 Makes it such an easy connection and friendship.

• Makes me feel less crazy.

• Yes!!! I LOVE it.

• Yes, it makes me happy and not worry so much.

• yup, I do <3

• who doesn t :P

• yes, it's nice

• I feel Ike no one understands me

You'll find someone who does and when you do it's fantastic!

• I love it. Too bad not many people understand me

• I love when I just click with someone.

• I feel very comfortable

• My question is, who doesn't like that? 😇

• Yes. I'm thankful that I have people that do get me.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 15

• Of course. Being understood and accepted is a wonderful feeling. Makes me feel more comfortable.

• Yes I would love that kind of connection with someone

• Yes it is amazing feeling

• No one just understands me... It's a process, and I'm cool with that. It means they need to have some patience to grasp me and patience is a damn good thing.

• That's my girlfriend and my BFF.

• Well yes, of course! #duh

• Yes because I'm a tough nut to crack.

• well obviously... that's kind of a given. everyone likes to have something in common or get on with people

• OMG YES :D.

• Yeah

• Yes. Too bad it takes awhile for me to open up. *shrugs*

• Yeah, 'cause I'm weird.

• So cute OP.

• Yes that is really cute. 😸.

• Of course anyone would! Unless they're, err... hiding something.